Apple PowerMac G4, Turning into a Multiconsole HTPC rig.

JaeDee884

Tomorrow I go down to the Tipshop, knowing they've an old G4 Chassis there, I'm intending to Figure out how to put a Ps3, Xbox and a ITX in there.

I'm posting here to see if anyone is interested in following the story as I progress and probably fail at getting all Three in the one build.

I'm still new to modding cases, Any tips?

I intend to keep the exterior look as close to original as possible.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I'm going to tell you right now there is no way you're going to fit all of that in there

You'd be lucky to fit one competent mATX or even mITX system in here

PowerMac_G4_MDD_open.jpg

Yeah I know it's gonna be practically impossible.

I might be able to fit one console and an ITX in there, I've seen builds with an MATX, I figure if i'm going to try, I should try something big.

If it doesn't work I can just do a multi console in a larger case and make this into a HTPC separately.

And I know it sure won't fit in my Color Classic 2.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

hmm gonna be a hard one but im sure you can do it

• 2 months later...

Well, I've got the case, the tip had sold it so took some hunting down to find another. Got a feeling i won't fit it all in, so this project has been sidelined, for a Prodigy version!

With a mITX, Wii, PS3, and Xbox360!

If at any rate I'm collecting cases for future builds. lol

Might just build a hackintosh into the G4