Weird GPU artifacts fix

Hello im new to this form and a long time LTT follower. Today a little story about some gpu trouble i had.

So im specialized in buying second hand for cheap and reselling it in a pc with everything like new. I found a seller for an asus rx 570 4gb. He sold it me for cheap(80 euro in dollars close to 90 i think).

Now the story, So i combined it in a pc with the following components: ryzen 1600, msi b350, 8gb ran, a little ssd of 120gb, 1tb and a corsair cx500. Also an old sharkoon case with yeah a dvd reader/writer.

When time to test the system it worked fine. But i got random artifacts. These were pretty frequent and wouldn't always crash the gpu. After a while the system could recover without a restart. The following video will show what i mean

What did i try:

• restarting
  • changing the psu
  • reinstalling the drivers
  • reinstalling windows
  • chaning the power limit, clocks on the card
  • use the gpu in another system(this weirdly didnt gave me any artifacts)

So after that information i knew it had to be something with the gpu drivers. I saw a post somewhere that these amd gpus had a one point problems with drivers crashing. Reinstalling did nothing, i knew that the person i bought it froim said that he got it from a miner and changed the bios on the gpu. But apparantly there were still some problems(idk maybe a bit flip or just a wrong bios that just worked).

So i got to study how to change the bios for a gpu, readed a lot on https://www.techpowerup.com/. Learned to save the old gpu driver with gpu-z(VERY IMPORTANT) and uploading a new driver. After doing that this problem went away. I did lots of tests to confirm this(gaming and stress tests).

So fellow pc builders/technicians, when you are out of options this could maybe be a fix for your old (maybe broken) gpu.

Also i told the guy i bought it from and showed him what problem i got, and he told me he would take the card if i couldn't find the problem, friendly guy 🙂

Hope you guys like the little story!

20210715_025914.jpg