How to fix amd asus rx 5700 xt randomly crashing when gaming on certain games (help please) :'(

logax01
Go to solution Solved by logax01,

It appears this got fixed by updating the bios, 2 days with no crashes for now, hopefully it is fixed, this is for anyone who finds himself in a situation like mine.

Hi all,
I know i have the worst 5700 XT on the market, i bought it earlier last year (didn't use until much later), i cannot replace it so i'm currently stuck with it, i'm looking for any fix that i can do to fix it's issues, issues are when playing games, the pc goes black screen and immediately reboots, happened with cyberpunk, solasta, avengers, ..., i'm 100% sure it's the gpu since i just built a new pc but kept the gpu and the issue still persists, this does not happen on other games like the evil within 2, the medium, sekiro, desperados 3, and happened only one time with forza 5 (played more than 50 hours setting on high-ultra), i read that this card has issues that it's memory temp gets high, some ppl fixed their 5700 xt by using red bios editor, do you guys recommend me to do that ? any other fixes ? i'm currently using tyhe latest driver. HELP PLEASE!

Currently it's crashing too much when playing on solasta, i managed to catch the gpu sensors through gpu-z.

What i did to try and fix :
-removed radeon software with it's cleaner and installed driver through device manager.
-change pcie and set to gen 3.

-overclock and undervolt through radeon software + fan 100%.

EDIT : 
I did another sensor capture using the gpu-z, and it looks like the memory reached 102, as i suspected, it's a memory overheat issue, how to fix it using only software ? and why is it not showing in the first capture ?

657324248_GPU-ZSensorLog.txt

GPU-Z Sensor Log 2.txt

Edited by logax01

Same issue with my rtx 2080ti, vram reaches 106c under load causing crashes. What I did was I opened it up and I found dry thermal paste. I repasted it and now it works fine.

Its better to clean our components regularly as it could be caked with dust. I was hesitant at first but the results were worth it.

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Same issue with my rtx 2080ti, vram reaches 106c under load causing crashes. What I did was I opened it up and I found dry thermal paste. I repasted it and now it works fine.

Its better to clean our components regularly as it could be caked with dust. I was hesitant at first but the results were worth it.

How old was your card ? mine is only 1.5 years old, thermal paste isn't supposed to be doing that i think, and dry paste is normal i think, but you said it fixed it, so i might give it a try :/, although i think adding thermal pads to the memory is a better solution, even though my country does not have them :'(, will need to think of a solution 😕

It appears this got fixed by updating the bios, 2 days with no crashes for now, hopefully it is fixed, this is for anyone who finds himself in a situation like mine.