Halo Infinite Object Jitter/Desync

I've been having this issue since the launch of the Halo Infinite campaign. It appears as though objects are jittering or desyncing from themselves (as in separate parts of the objects move independently). I haven't seen this with objects on the ground, but I have seen it with objects in first person and in cutscenes. I've uploaded a particularly obvious scene of it happening in gameplay and in a cutscene (it is a little spoilery). I'm wondering if this could be a hardware issue. I doubt it is because this is the only game in which it happens, but I don't want to rule it out since a good portion of my hardware is used and I had to RMA my PSU earlier this year (ironically it was new) and it may have caused some damage on its way out. my hardware and its status is below, as well as some cursory graphics settings.

Video:

Aorus GTX1080Ti (used, was powered by molex in its past life)

Ryzen 7 3700x (new, stock)

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHZ DDR4 (used)

Corsair SFX750 (New from RMA)

Asus B450i Gaming Mobo (new)

Samsung 970 evo NVMe (used)

Phanteks custom water cooling stuff (new, if you can really consider water "new")

Settings:

High Preset

windowed borderless

3440x1440

60% sharpening

DLSS off

Gsync on

motion blur off

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Turn off DLSS. Limit Framerate to your monitor's max. or 72fps. Turn off any moving backgrounds on your desktop. This includes wallpaper engine. I found that if i ran a scrolling picture roll as my desktop background, it causes frame drops during picture transitions.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

Granted that 1080ti is a great card, it MIGHT have trouble running Halo at 1440p High. Might wanna drop it to 1440 Medium or 1080p Ultra.

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, Darkwing Drex said:

Granted that 1080ti is a great card, it MIGHT have trouble running Halo at 1440p High. Might wanna drop it to 1440 Medium or 1080p Ultra.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:15 PM, Darkwing Drex said:

Turn off DLSS. Limit Framerate to your monitor's max. or 72fps. Turn off any moving backgrounds on your desktop. This includes wallpaper engine. I found that if i ran a scrolling picture roll as my desktop background, it causes frame drops during picture transitions.

Thanks for the response! I should mention that DLSS was already off. sorry if that was worded confusingly. 

I've tried all of these tips, but the issue still occurs, and seems to occur more when the game has been running longer. I've also watched youtube videos of other people playing the game and the same glitch is present for them as well. 

I now believe that this is either a memory leak issue (since it gets worse as the game runs), a coding issue (Halo games had always had issues with floating point calculations), or something to do with temporal anti aliasing (which is on by default and only the strength of the effect can be chosen).

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)