can't decide, please help!

leg bouncer

so i'm stuck between buying a used $650 evga ftw3 icx 1080 ti or a new $1250 evga 2080 ti

i'm leaning more towards the 2080 ti as it is the more "futureproof" card and it's not that far from the "original" msrp, but i can't help but feel ripped off still, the thing is i need these for work (archviz) and miss gaming a lot (i recently sold my previous system and bought a ryzen 7 5700G in the meantime)

what do you guys think?

6 hours ago, flowermoon said:

so i'm stuck between buying a used $650 evga ftw3 icx 1080 ti or a new $1250 evga 2080 ti

i'm leaning more towards the 2080 ti as it is the more "futureproof" card and it's not that far from the "original" msrp, but i can't help but feel ripped off still, the thing is i need these for work (archviz) and miss gaming a lot (i recently sold my previous system and bought a ryzen 7 5700G in the meantime)

what do you guys think?

The 2080Ti is not 'futureproof' - it is already the last generation of GPUs and the 4000 series will probably be released late next year. It doesn't seem worth double the money in my opinion. I'd go with the 1080Ti and put the extra money towards a new GPU next year. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G