Incorrectly resized Windows Partition

normpearii

Long story short, I resized the partition Windows is installed on using AOMEI Partition Manager instead of Disk Management. It's been about 11 years since I last time I've resized a Windows install partition and completely forgot to only use disk management to resize it.

I get error 0xc0000242 when trying to boot windows. Safeboot get same boot error.

Using a windows 10 install flashdrive on the same version of windows 10, I've used the recovery command prompts to run chkdsk /f on the partition, no errors.

Auto startup repair comes up with error code 0x714 when trying to check for installed LCU.

I can't get SFC to work offline, get message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

using "sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=J:\ /OFFWINDIR=J:\WINDOWS
(J: is the disk letter for the partition in recovery.)

and I have no idea how to run DISM outside a running install of Windows.

I'd prefer to attempt recovering this install of Windows. I have a 2nd PC at this desk and the SSD windows is installed on has 500 GB of unpartitioned space worst case.

My backup of this partition just happened to be on a harddrive that failed last week (Drive was in a separate PC) just to make things fun.

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.