Attempting to make a Gaming PC # Second Build Idea

Ludens
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
10 hours ago, Ludens said:

I have one more question sorry! (Yea I forgot to change the 64gb) But what is the difference between intergrated graphics, non intergrated graphics. Does it effect my gaming whatsoever? or does it leave more options for me or less? I was instore and he choose that one, but I don't know if it's cause it's "Cheaper" Which isn't really my concern but just how overall each items effects me

The onboard (Integrated) graphics on the cpu won't affect gaming as you will be running off the RTX 3080. The onboard gpu can be handy for troubleshooting if you ever have an issue with the RTX 3080. Looks like the price difference is around $50 more for the 'K' version so probably not worth it over the 'KF'.

9 hours ago, Ludens said:

One other question sorry, Being most of the z690 boards are DDR5, Would it be best to transfer to DDR5 or stick with DDR4 (Performance wise) Cost is no problem

I wouldn't bother with DDR5 yet as it is expensive, and it doesn't offer any real advantage for gaming as yet.

Budget (including currency): 4500 NZD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Streaming occasionally) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm upgrading from a Pre-built PC Specifically a Nitro N50-600. My last post gave me ideas on parts in general I wasn't really 100% sure on what options I had but I do now!
Here is my build proposal. 

All I am looking for is a medium graphics with high FPS 120 preferably (If this runs better then my expectations then I still intend to keep it the same) I do not want to downgrade unless it is absolutely nessecary

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/FPNj8J

I'm willing to sacrifice my budget a little, I've changed it to 5500

23 minutes ago, Ludens said:

I'm willing to sacrifice my budget a little, I've changed it to 5500

I can help to create a custom build PC for you with lower pricing than your current idea but more powerful performance 

8 minutes ago, OCMaster-Veach09 said:

I can help to create a custom build PC for you with lower pricing than your current idea but more powerful performance 

If you think your able to, please do!

4 hours ago, Ludens said:

May I know what is your target? (system specs)

3 minutes ago, OCMaster-Veach09 said:

May I know what is your target? (system specs)

Do you mean 5500 is your budget?

4 hours ago, Ludens said:

I will work with you to get your specs. I'm currently done my build and I can share it with you

I would suggest the i7 12700K and a Z690 DDR4 board instead. Also 64GB Ram is overkill. You will be fine with 32GB for gaming and streaming.

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I would suggest the i7 12700K and a Z690 DDR4 board instead. Also 64GB Ram is overkill. You will be fine with 32GB for gaming and streaming.

Yea I heard about 64gb Ram being a lot so I'm deciding to cut it down, As for the MOBO and CPU, in the website it doesn't allow it to be an option for compability should I still try adding a z690 DDR4 board, and will it affect anything size wise as for the i7 12700k  why do you suggest it! Would love to know thanks

8 hours ago, Ludens said:

Yea I heard about 64gb Ram being a lot so I'm deciding to cut it down, As for the MOBO and CPU, in the website it doesn't allow it to be an option for compability should I still try adding a z690 DDR4 board, and will it affect anything size wise as for the i7 12700k  why do you suggest it! Would love to know thanks

I would just straight up avoid the 11700K as it is not a good cpu.

Something like this would be better for the cpu, board and ram. The D15S is also a bit cheaper and performance is not that far off the D15.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($648.99 @ PB Technologies) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler  ($156.00 @ Computer Lounge) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($358.00 @ ExtremePC) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($245.00 @ PB Technologies) 
Total: $1407.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-13 00:20 NZDT+1300

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

I would just straight up avoid the 11700K as it is not a good cpu.

Something like this would be better for the cpu, board and ram. The D15S is also a bit cheaper and performance is not that far off the D15.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700KF 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($648.99 @ PB Technologies) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black 82.51 CFM CPU Cooler  ($156.00 @ Computer Lounge) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($358.00 @ ExtremePC) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($245.00 @ PB Technologies) 
Total: $1407.99
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-13 00:20 NZDT+1300

For the MOBO it says it won't be able to do wireless networking (I use wireless networking) are their any other boards you can suggest

17 minutes ago, Ludens said:

For the MOBO it says it won't be able to do wireless networking (I use wireless networking) are their any other boards you can suggest

There is a wifi version of the MSI board or there is the Asus Prime Z690-P Wifi D4. The MSI Z690 Tomahawk Wifi is also solid but costs more. 

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/LWPQzy/msi-pro-z690-a-wifi-ddr4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-pro-z690-a-wifi-ddr4

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/vxt9TW/asus-prime-z690-p-wifi-d4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-prime-z690-p-wifi-d4

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/product/X6mmP6/msi-mag-z690-tomahawk-wifi-ddr4-atx-lga1700-motherboard-mag-z690-tomahawk-wifi-ddr4

52 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Sweet thanks, I am most likely going to use the asus prime, and change my cpu! for the ram is their any specifics on why you suggested it compared to my original choice

15 minutes ago, Ludens said:

Sweet thanks, I am most likely going to use the asus prime, and change my cpu! for the ram is their any specifics on why you suggested it compared to my original choice

Just personal preference on the Ram. You can stick with Corsair if you prefer it. 

Try to consider this specs too,

Core i7-12700KF, Asus' ROG Maximus Z690 Apex and G.Skill's Trident Z5 DDR5-6000

You can check the best pricing at any stores based on the availability on your country.

Good luck!

13 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Just personal preference on the Ram. You can stick with Corsair if you prefer it. 

I just went to my local store PBTech, and this is what they suggested!

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/pz9dNP

Any insight, I was told by a staff member that gigabyte was a really disliked choice in new zealand apparently. That a lot of customers that bought it weren't happy so he showed me Asus it was cheaper, and it didn't seem to make a 100% difference to me, what do you think?

13 hours ago, Ludens said:

I just went to my local store PBTech, and this is what they suggested!

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/pz9dNP

Any insight, I was told by a staff member that gigabyte was a really disliked choice in new zealand apparently. That a lot of customers that bought it weren't happy so he showed me Asus it was cheaper, and it didn't seem to make a 100% difference to me, what do you think?

Apart from the 64GB of Ram it looks good. 

7 hours ago, lee32uk said:

Apart from the 64GB of Ram it looks good. 

I have one more question sorry! (Yea I forgot to change the 64gb) But what is the difference between intergrated graphics, non intergrated graphics. Does it effect my gaming whatsoever? or does it leave more options for me or less? I was instore and he choose that one, but I don't know if it's cause it's "Cheaper" Which isn't really my concern but just how overall each items effects me

One other question sorry, Being most of the z690 boards are DDR5, Would it be best to transfer to DDR5 or stick with DDR4 (Performance wise) Cost is no problem

10 hours ago, Ludens said:

The onboard (Integrated) graphics on the cpu won't affect gaming as you will be running off the RTX 3080. The onboard gpu can be handy for troubleshooting if you ever have an issue with the RTX 3080. Looks like the price difference is around $50 more for the 'K' version so probably not worth it over the 'KF'.

9 hours ago, Ludens said:

I wouldn't bother with DDR5 yet as it is expensive, and it doesn't offer any real advantage for gaming as yet.

7 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Thank you so much! I'm going to go to the store this week and see what I can do from here you've been a real help thank you

Do you think this will run at the expectations I think it will?

2 hours ago, Ludens said:

Do you think this will run at the expectations I think it will?

A 12700K/KF and RTX 3080 is a high end build so it will run any game you throw at it with ease. As for framerate that will depend on resolution and graphics settings. So obviously at 1080p you would get a higher framerate than you would at 4K with the same settings. Also some games are more demanding than others so that will have an impact as well. 

On 12/11/2021 at 3:48 AM, Ludens said:

Budget (including currency): 4500 NZD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming (Streaming occasionally) 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm upgrading from a Pre-built PC Specifically a Nitro N50-600. My last post gave me ideas on parts in general I wasn't really 100% sure on what options I had but I do now!
Here is my build proposal. 

All I am looking for is a medium graphics with high FPS 120 preferably (If this runs better then my expectations then I still intend to keep it the same) I do not want to downgrade unless it is absolutely nessecary

https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/FPNj8J

I would suggest something around the lines of this, if you want to, you might be able to fit a 3060ti/3070 in the budget (would be tough, though)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($404.78 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Extreme ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($259.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($309.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital WD Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($61.99 @ Lenovo) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card  ($1000.00) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G6 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ EVGA) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($20.00) 
Case Fan: be quiet! Light Wings PWM high-speed 52.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($90.26 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2651.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-14 09:32 EST-0500

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

Aslong as I can have graphics at medium to low setting (Would be altered in general) then thats all that matters, FPS is just a big thing for me compared to the rest haha