FPS Difference

Spiddjon

I had this old pc i used for a while that i gave to my friend, i got a new laptop. So we decided to play GTA V and he has better frames then me even though its a big difference between the pc and laptop. He gets 45-60fps on normal settings at 1080p and i get 30-35 fps same settings 1080p. In league of legends he gets 150-170fps on medium settings i get around 130fps. How can a pc from 2014 outperform a 2019 laptop?
My laptop has:
Ryzen 7 3750H

GTX 1050 3gb
2x8gb ddr4 ram

And his pc has:
Intel i5-2500

Nvidia Quadro K2000

2x4gb dd3 ram

It is hard to compare a desktop to laptop, depending on the laptop there may not be enough power for your GPU\CPU to run at full speed..  What make\model of Laptop do you have?  30-35fps in GTA V is pretty low for normal settings but if you are having temp issues with the laptop that is possible.

Have you updated the system BIOS and video drivers for your Laptop?

2 minutes ago, Allan B said:

It is hard to compare a desktop to laptop, depending on the laptop there may not be enough power for your GPU\CPU to run at full speed..  What make\model of Laptop do you have?  30-35fps in GTA V is pretty low for normal settings but if you are having temp issues with the laptop that is possible.

Have you updated the system BIOS and video drivers for your Laptop?

Asus FX505DD is the laptop drivers are all up to date and no thermal issues.