P.O.S. Google Search

JacobFW

I'll be honest I just feel like complaining about this because this has been driving me nuts for a while.

Has Google Search just been a complete piece of s@#! for anyone else?

It keeps getting super fixated on one word in your query and ignores everything else, and not just for one search result, but a good majority of them.

Or where it instead decides to search for terms indirectly related to something I searched, like since I live in Dallas, there have been several times I've searched for something in or about Dallas, and usually I have several results show up on the first page where it searched for "County" instead of "Dallas", despite a)  "County" wasn't something I typed, and b)  the result it pulled up still had nothing to do with what I searched for and c) there were no other keywords for what I searched for on that page.

It's cool and all that it can search for similar words/concepts but Christ it still needs to be used to return meaningful results.

And yes, because I know someone is going to bring these up:

• I am using search operators to try to have it focus more on certain parts of my query
  • I do have popular results disabled

Can you provide an example search query that's given you issue? I haven't personally had any issues like you describe.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15