GTX 1060 stuck to idle clocks at all times

Hi, so after blaming everything on software and doing everything in my power to mitigate that, I've finally come to this forum because nothing has worked.

I tried DDU in my previous OS, and it didn't solve anything, I tried rolling back drivers and the latest drivers, nothing worked. And finally I decided to completely wipe my drive and got a fresh Windows, but it still hasn't worked. I've tried fiddling around with my power plan settings, and that hasn't worked either and I've set the power management mode to maximum performance and that also did not work.

I've tried stress testing it with Furmark and Kombustor, which also yielded no results. I tried to overclock it see if it changes, which also doesn't at all have any effect. It currently is always stuck at 135MHz GPU clock and 405MHz memory clock, or when I stress test it goes to 139MHz GPU clock and 810MHz memory clock, but nothing more.

Regarding heating, it idles at 45 degrees Celsius when no fans or anything is on, and when I do turn it on it usually idles at around 37 degrees Celsius, so I think it's not at risk of that. Even stress testing it has never pushed it above 70 degrees Celsius.

This is my GPU https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/202237/asus-gtx1060-6144-180129-1

Really hoping to get some help and resolve it because I'm in no position to upgrade or put it into repairs right now.

Edit: Some people might suggest bottleneck, but I have an i5-7400 and have gamed on this rig for the past 2-ish years, it's all of a sudden I started running into these problems for the past month or so.

Update: I was messing around with the GPU, I took it out and plugged it back in again, and after turning it on I tried stress testing it and everything worked fine again, not sure why. But as soon as I turned off the stress software, it clocked back to 139/810 and won't go to the normal clocks of anymore 1,800MHz/4104MHz which it was hitting literally seconds ago without a hitch.

I'm really lost.

6 minutes ago, Klaustronix said:

've set the power management mode to maximum performance

That is just for the CPU to be at its maximum performance. That behaviour seems weird. It can't be a bottleneck since even then your GPU would clock high. You'd have to use like a pentium 1 in order to get a heavy enough bottleneck to cause this behaviour

2 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

That is just for the CPU to be at its maximum performance. That behaviour seems weird. It can't be a bottleneck since even then your GPU would clock high. You'd have to use like a pentium 1 in order to get a heavy enough bottleneck to cause this behaviour

It is very weird, furthermore I've looked around the forum and other places and it seems like a lot of people are having a similar issue with clocks recently, such as overclocks being stuck, not hitting boost clocks, idle clocks not going up, but no one seems to get any solid answers to this issue going around. And seems Nvidia GPUs are plagued with this.

I really need some help, sorry if it looks like I'm bumping it. I'm looking into vbios clock forcing and I can't really figure it out, if someone helped a little with this that would also help immensely.

Really appreciate it.

What driver are you using? Try to use an older driver than the newest available and see if it helps.

Also, power plugged direct into the GPU, right?

3 hours ago, Slizzo said:

What driver are you using? Try to use an older driver than the newest available and see if it helps.

Also, power plugged direct into the GPU, right?

I used both older and the newest drivers by wiping with DDU, which didn't help. Yes it is plugged in directly.