Linux touchpad actions

Go to solution Solved by Alexeygridnev1993,
3 hours ago, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

So after doing a lot of research, it turns out that most programs like that have a conflict with "Wayland" which is an alternative to X that KDE and GNOME have been ported to.
Don't ask me what that means.

You can still use GNOME and KDE with Xorg instead of Wayland. Google for something like "KDE Xorg on Manjaro".

Basically, GNOME and Wayland are pieces of software which handle the GUI on Linux. Xorg is old like mammoth's **** (as of, it exists since the 1980s), but it works reliably. Wayland is newer and supposed to have better features, but it has too many quirks to be usable.

Hi! I'm running Manjaro GNOME on my laptop. Default swipe actions are very good but I'm looking to expand their functionality (for example I want 4 finger side swipe to pin my current window to the side).
I recently switched from KDE Plasma and obviously did my research before posting here. Manjaro GNOME comes with touche, but it doesn't seem to be working at all. For example, "Swipe with 3 fingers: Left" is mapped to "tile window", but the actual action just changes my workspace. 

Edit: So the question is: Is there a way to get touche working, or a good alternative?

So after doing a lot of research, it turns out that most programs like that have a conflict with "Wayland" which is an alternative to X that KDE and GNOME have been ported to.

3 hours ago, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

You can still use GNOME and KDE with Xorg instead of Wayland. Google for something like "KDE Xorg on Manjaro".

Basically, GNOME and Wayland are pieces of software which handle the GUI on Linux. Xorg is old like mammoth's **** (as of, it exists since the 1980s), but it works reliably. Wayland is newer and supposed to have better features, but it has too many quirks to be usable.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Alexeygridnev1993 said:

Switching to Xorg fixed it! Thanks!