Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Temps for 5950x

Hello My Idle temperatures for my 5950x are around 43 celcius and under a CPUZ stress test all core 4.2ghz gets to 86 ambient temps are around 22-24. Picture below my cooler is a dark rock pro 4, 0.5mg thermal paste used in a cross pattern. I just want to make sure this is normal or should I try remounting the cooler?

Untitled.jpg

That's pretty normal for a Dark Rock Pro 4 with a Ryzen 9. Perhaps a bit high, but not something to be too concerned about.

Also, are you using PBO or have you altered the power limits for the CPU? The 5950X should be limited to 142W with stock values, but it says it's pulling 183.6W.

Thank you for your quick reply, I thought I maybe used too little thermal paste or something,

6 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

That's pretty normal for a Dark Rock Pro 4 with a Ryzen 9. Perhaps a bit high, but not something to be too concerned about.

Also, are you using PBO or have you altered the power limits for the CPU? The 5950X should be limited to 142W with stock values, but it says it's pulling 183.6W.

I altered the bios to permit the use of more power for a higher clock, its self overclocking ATM.I believe it is  PBO as you say.

10 minutes ago, super_slav said:

I altered the bios to permit the use of more power for a higher clock, its self overclocking ATM.I believe it is  PBO as you say.

Then those temps are definitely to be expected. I think your mounting and thermal paste application was fine.

8 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Then those temps are definitely to be expected. I think your mounting and thermal paste application was fine.

Thank you for your help, It has been a while since I built my last PC and this board does pump more power than the ASUS CSM Prime pro it replaced which topped at 175W but I used allot more paste on that one I ran out this time so had only half a tube of Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. Have a massive tube of thermaltake if I ever need a re attempt though.

One of the fans is mounted 5mm higher for RAM clearance as this board is picky with RAM and Ripjaws is the only one it liked but flow seems fine.