I need help

Maddog66

Hi all.

I am interested in PC gaming and have been learning as much as I can but I'm thinking the learning curve is too step. I feel I have a good handle on the hardware but with the software I really struggle. My latest issue is a bunch of steam games have decided to not work.

It started when I bought Hitman for black Friday. When I tried to launch it the game would look like it was launching ok. The first menu would flash up for a second and then the game would stop with the launcher saying it was not running.  I tried a bunch of repair tricks on YouTube and nothing worked. I ended up giving up and asking for a steam refund.  I then bought Hitman 2, thinking it would be ok. That does exactly the same thing. After checking a few other games, some work and some don't

I looked on YouTube again and followed the steps. It either didn't work or the instructions didn't match what I was seeing. EG, one video talked about deleting a file but what I saw didn't match the video and the file didn't exist (the video was 2 years old).

Has anyone got any idea's? I really like PC gaming but honestly I'm on the verge of giving up. I feel like I have lots of issues that I can't fix because I don't know what to do.

To add to this I bought a K63 wireless keyboard. It intermittently stops working (in fact it just did it). I can get it working again by turning it off and on again. I have tried the hard reset with no change. 

I would recommend taking the wireless mouse out of the equation, at least for the time being. Replace it with a wired one and once things improve you can try adding it back in to the mix. 

As for the games crashing can you identify your PC specs (Motherboard, video card, ram, Operating System, monitor and its settings) and list what if any antivirus you may be running? Your games could be getting bogged down due to an antivirus software trying to scan their files as they are being used. You can try disabling your antivirus or adding an exception so that the location where your games files are stored/saved are not scanned. 

Hi. It’s the keyboard that is wireless. My mouse is wired. I still have the same problem with a wired keyboard. My computer is a Dell pre built. I know it has 16gb of ram. I7 8700. GTX 1070. Running Windows 10. I have Bit defended anti virus. I have turned this off and I still have the same fault. I reinstalled Steam and re downloaded the game with no change. 

Just too add a bit more. I had a friend look that knows a bit more than I do (but still not an expert by any means). He updated all the drivers and tried a few things with no change. He said he doesn't know why its not working either.