GPU running too hot and best ways to cool it.

Leon1das
Go to solution Solved by ZePat,

Having 90-100% GPU utilization in GPU demanding games is fine, that's exactly what you want it to do.  As for temps, 75C might seem high, but that is perfectly fine.  As @FakeKGB mentioned, had it been 95C constantly, that would indicate a thermal issue in terms of airflow.  You can always attempt to drop it a few degrees, by adding more fans(provided the case allows for it).  But yeah, nothing to be worried about.

Here are my specs:
CPU : Ryzen 5 5600G
GPU : Radeon RX 6600 XT
RAM : 16gb
SSD : 256
HDD : 1T

I'm pretty new at this stuff and this is my first "very good" gaming pc so I'd like to know if it's normal for a gpu to run at 95-100% when gaming. The temps usually hit 75c max and rarely go over that even when playing for hours. Can this full load harm the gpu in any way and is the temperature optimal?
Thanks in advance and sorry if its a silly question, better to be safe than sorry!

75C is perfectly fine and well under the threshold of thermal throttling. If it was at 95C that’d be a different story, but at 75C you’re fine.

elephants

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

Normal and everything's just fine.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Having 90-100% GPU utilization in GPU demanding games is fine, that's exactly what you want it to do.  As for temps, 75C might seem high, but that is perfectly fine.  As @FakeKGB mentioned, had it been 95C constantly, that would indicate a thermal issue in terms of airflow.  You can always attempt to drop it a few degrees, by adding more fans(provided the case allows for it).  But yeah, nothing to be worried about.

I appreciate all of your replies. One last question, what would the peak (safe) temp be that a gpu can reach.

Absolutely fine if it's not spinning 100%.

12 minutes ago, Leon1das said:

I appreciate all of your replies. One last question, what would the peak (safe) temp be that a gpu can reach.

6600XT max temp is 100c. It will start throttling then, and if it gets even hotter it will shut down. These features are to avoid it breaking because of heat.