RAM Overclocking

Go to solution Solved by Guest,
Just now, Farm-Boy_7130 said:

Thanks, XMP Works but I'm wanting to exceed what XMP allows me to do which means I have to manually overclock it.

I'm really wanting to find out how I can (if its possible to safely accomplish this) and what the benefits of running 3400+ MHz over 3200 MHz is.

If XMP works, then you should be running 3600mhz.

You want to select the next divider up. 3633 or 3667 or 3700mhz ect ect. If you run into a jam, hang up or blue screen, you can loosen the timings. Then you don't need to add voltage when you loosen timings, and this would be the "safest" approach to overclocking memory. 

Here's a recent example of an overclock I've accomplished. Should give you some pointers along the way too.

So I was curious to how I overclock RAM.

I found in my BIOS the "Tinkers heaven" and found I could manually set my RAM Speed to things like 3400 MHz.

So how can I practically apply this (What're the benefits and what are the costs, etc.) and how can I do it SAFELY (this is my 2nd RAM set for this build)

List the full system specs. Include the make and model numbers. Specifically the memory kit part number. 

( I just did a set of injectors on a DT 444 a few weeks ago. I dig the avatar)

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I just did a set of injectors on a DT 444 a few weeks ago. I dig the avatar

Thanks, And that's awesome. I'm running A 4x8 kit from Corsair, Here's the link to what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Vengeance-3600MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B07D5SDT6M/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=corsair+vengeance&qid=1637546207&sr=8-7

I hope this helps enough. (I don't want to go find the box lmao)

Thanks, And that's awesome. I'm running A 4x8 kit from Corsair, Here's the link to what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Vengeance-3600MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B07D5SDT6M/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=corsair+vengeance&qid=1637546207&sr=8-7

I hope this helps enough. (I don't want to go find the box lmao)

What's the cpu and mainboard?

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

What's the cpu and mainboard?

Intel Core I9 9900KF, Asus Prime Z-390 A.

2 minutes ago, Farm-Boy_7130 said:

Intel Core I9 9900KF, Asus Prime Z-390 A.

Nice rig.

Well really, you should be able to just enable XMP and F10 save and post up. Does this not work??

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Nice rig.

Well really, you should be able to just enable XMP and F10 save and post up. Does this not work??

Thanks, XMP Works but I'm wanting to exceed what XMP allows me to do which means I have to manually overclock it.

I'm really wanting to find out how I can (if its possible to safely accomplish this) and what the benefits of running 3400+ MHz over 3200 MHz is.

If XMP works, then you should be running 3600mhz.

You want to select the next divider up. 3633 or 3667 or 3700mhz ect ect. If you run into a jam, hang up or blue screen, you can loosen the timings. Then you don't need to add voltage when you loosen timings, and this would be the "safest" approach to overclocking memory. 

Here's a recent example of an overclock I've accomplished. Should give you some pointers along the way too.

2 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Here's a recent example of an overclock I've accomplished. Should give you some pointers along the way too

Okay, Thanks. I also mistakenly sent you 3600, I have 3200. This was my mistake but it doesn't make a big difference I imagine Lol.

Thanks though, I'll give this stuff a shot.

4 minutes ago, Farm-Boy_7130 said:

Okay, Thanks. I also mistakenly sent you 3600, I have 3200. This was my mistake but it doesn't make a big difference I imagine Lol.

Thanks though, I'll give this stuff a shot.

Lol, It's all good! You're on the right track for sure. You've already gained performance.