Which Laptop should I Pick? 3060 or 3070

Thanzex

Hi there! I'm looking to buy a laptop to replace my old XPS 15, with the market being what it is right now and me being in Italy I don't have many great options.

I would use the laptop for University, Gaming and software development, my main concerns are an upgrade for the CPU compared to my current one, a decent GPU for gaming, decent battery life to bring the laptop to University without worrying too much about having an outlet available.

I'd like you to share an opinion about these offers I stumbled upon.

ROG ZEPHYRUS G15 GA503QM - ~1500€ - Link

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3060 Max-Q ( ~100W )
  • 1440p x 165Hz
  • 16GB Ram (8GB + 8 internal )
  • 512 GB 
  • 70 Wh Battery
  • 1.9 Kg

OMEN 15-EN1037NL - 1799€ - Link

• Ryzen 9 5900HX
  • RTX 3070 Max-Q ( ~100W )
  • 1440p x 165 Hz
  • 16GB Ram
  • 1 TB 
  • 70Wh Battery
  • 2.4 Kg

The Omen seems like a definite upgrade, but I really prefer the look and feel of the Zephyrus, on top of that, with the 3070 being locked at the same power of the 3060 I fear they would perform about the same while costing more.
I couldn't find benchmarks to compare these exact configurations, but from what i've seen they should be within 5% of each other while gaming. 

I've had my XPS for 6+ years now, and I plan on doing the same with this one so I consider it an investment, I fear the 3060 might become obsolete pretty fast in the coming years, but the extra chonkyness of the Omen is not something that I'd like, especially after having an XPS.
What do you think? Which one would you pick?

Lenovo legion 5 with the 90w battery, 5800h and if you want even a 3080 if you can find the version for it's normal price. But really the 3060 version is plenty.

Of these 2 the g15 is BY FAR the better laptop in everything but the gpu aspect. The hp omen as a laptop is just mediocre in terms of screen, keyboard, trackpad, speakers,cooling,...

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Lenovo legion 5 with the 90w battery, 5800h and if you want even a 3080 if you can find the version for it's normal price. But really the 3060 version is plenty.

Of these 2 the g15 is BY FAR the better laptop in everything but the gpu aspect. The hp omen as a laptop is just mediocre in terms of screen, keyboard, trackpad, speakers,cooling,...

Unfortunately there aren't that many gaming laptop configurations available where i live, these are some of the best.
I love the design of the G15, but the soldered 8 GB of RAM does bother me somwehat

2 minutes ago, Thanzex said:

Unfortunately there aren't that many gaming laptop configurations available where i live, these are some of the best.
I love the design of the G15, but the soldered 8 GB of RAM does bother me somwehat

You can still go to 24gb of ram but indeed the 8gb sucks that it's stuck. However the hp is just not worth it.

20 hours ago, jaslion said:

You can still go to 24gb of ram but indeed the 8gb sucks that it's stuck. However the hp is just not worth it.

What about a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro with an  i7-11800H, 16x10 display and 130W 3060?

It's heavier and I don't particularly like the look, but seems to have a bigger battery, better power delivery, 16x10 display and no soldered ram

22 minutes ago, Thanzex said:

What about a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro with an  i7-11800H, 16x10 display and 130W 3060?

It's heavier and I don't particularly like the look, but seems to have a bigger battery, better power delivery, 16x10 display and no soldered ram

Get the amd version. The intel one is a far worse laptop than the amd legion 5 or g15 especially in battery life. The legion 5 amd version with the big battery gets up to 9 hours but the intel barely reaches 3. Amd version also performs better due to running cooler.