Facing issue

Maxie2

I'm currently running a zotac gtx 1060 6Gb  been running this card  since release it's temps are starting to go 90-95 degrees on medium setting 'running newer titles' do you guys think Its time for purchasing a newer card?

I think so.

looking for a 30 series card,  only two shops that sell cards in store in my local town of 'Plymouth' United Kingdom and there card prices are  bad!

£745 For a RTX 3060

£785 For a RTX 3060 TI

£1000 For a RTX 3070

£1300 For a RTX 3070 Ti

£1400 For a RTX 3080

£2350 for a RTX 3090 

These prices are absolutely ludicrous, do any of you know of any sites where I can get a card :(.

3 minutes ago, Maxie2 said:

I'm currently running a zotac gtx 1060 6Gb  been running this card  since release it's temps are starting to go 90-95 degrees on medium setting 'running newer titles' do you guys think Its time for purchasing a newer card?

Yeah no, im sooner cleaning it up, change the thermal paste, and check if the fan is spinning properly.

4 minutes ago, Maxie2 said:

do any of you know of any sites where I can get a card 😞

If you have US relatives, ask them to check around Best Buy, Newegg, and Microcenter for their occasional GPU drop. In UK itself? Honestly tough to tell considering they cant even find enough drivers for essential products let alone GPU. Just pray this entire GPU shortage shitstorm to be over.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

16 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah no, im sooner cleaning it up, change the thermal paste, and check if the fan is spinning properly.

Basically this, look for a teardown of your GPU and five it a repaste and clean out the GPU heatsink 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

51 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Basically this, look for a teardown of your GPU and five it a repaste and clean out the GPU heatsink 

How often should I do this I already did this last month did not seem to resolve the issue, is the paste I'm using potentially the problem?

6 minutes ago, Maxie2 said:

How often should I do this I already did this last month did not seem to resolve the issue, is the paste I'm using potentially the problem?

what paste did you use?

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240