Motherboard issues

Hi 

I have bought a used motherboard and when I got it it was in its original box and it's anti static bag with no extra packaging to protect it ( I live in France this thing came from the other side off the country keep that in mind for later) 

So I put it in my system and then when I press the power button all fans start spinning RGB turns on everything is normal but then , no post on the screen and and the CPU led on the motherboard is on but my CPU is good because I took out off my old motherboard and it was working and after all this I put my pc back to how it was before and everything was working fine. So there's something wrong with this motherboard my CPU is a ryzen 5 2600x and my old motherboard is a Asus prime a 320 mk and the one I bought is a Asus Rog Strix b 450 f gaming it's ryzen 2000 series compatible so no bios update needed so idk . 

Do you guys have any ideas off what I could try ?

Do you have a graphics card? Is there anerror code? What motherboard is it? Is your hdmi/dp cable plugged into the mobo or graphics card?

3 hours ago, NOV654 said:

Do you have a graphics card? Is there anerror code? What motherboard is it? Is your hdmi/dp cable plugged into the mobo or graphics card?

I have a GTX 980 ti and the hdmi is plugged in to my GPU yes .

There is no error code because there isn't any post all there is is the CPU light on the board that stays on its red and the orange one for the ram switches on before the red one then goes off.

And the board is a Asus Rog Strix b 450 f gaming

Which leds are on as on the website it says there are for troubleshooting. Then consult your manual and see what is wrong.image.thumb.png.ac4977258ed4f70cf2b14dfe67ed323f.png

11 hours ago, NOV654 said:

Which leds are on as on the website it says there are for troubleshooting. Then consult your manual and see what is wrong.image.thumb.png.ac4977258ed4f70cf2b14dfe67ed323f.png

The CPU light is on and I've done all the steps they telle you to already but my CPU is not faulty 

I've cleaned the CPU and the socket