Android Phone keeps restarting after Fastboot (Help)

dmeanor
Go to solution Solved by OhioYJ,

I know nothing about your  device, in fact I've never heard of it. That being said, every device in my house is unlocked, rooted. 

My guess is it's rebooting because the boot image is messed up. So either it didn't flash properly, which is likely based on your description, or the file you patched wasn't correct. This can happen if you download a different firmware version than your current firmware and try and flash it. Best case scenario you have what you have and it boot loops to fastboot. This can usually be fixed by flashing the correct unmodified boot image, or full rom if you want. The other option is flash a correct patched image if you can create one or come up with one.

Be very careful at this point especially if unbrick tools don't exist for this device. Your phone should still be recoverable at this point, so double check everything before hitting enter.

So I was in the process of rooting my Android phone (UMIDIGI A3X)

I reached the step where you have to reboot your phone using the "patched" boot.IMG file I created with Magisk 

After I entered ./fastboot flash boot + the patched img file (see area highlighted in purple on the picture bellow)

My phone went blank and it was stuck in “usb transferring.. usb transmission OK”

so I entered ./fastboot reboot (highlighted in red) 

And my phone kept restarting since then 

what to do?? 

AAD2C94B-9AA8-4871-B840-FB2A98F1241B.jpeg

I know nothing about your  device, in fact I've never heard of it. That being said, every device in my house is unlocked, rooted. 

My guess is it's rebooting because the boot image is messed up. So either it didn't flash properly, which is likely based on your description, or the file you patched wasn't correct. This can happen if you download a different firmware version than your current firmware and try and flash it. Best case scenario you have what you have and it boot loops to fastboot. This can usually be fixed by flashing the correct unmodified boot image, or full rom if you want. The other option is flash a correct patched image if you can create one or come up with one.

Be very careful at this point especially if unbrick tools don't exist for this device. Your phone should still be recoverable at this point, so double check everything before hitting enter.

9 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

But in order to do that , I have to re enable usb debugging but I can’t do that if the phone doesn’t let me in as it keeps restarting 

when I enter ./adb devices it doesn’t detect my phone anymore. I have to get in first 

10 hours ago, dmeanor said:

But in order to do that , I have to re enable usb debugging but I can’t do that if the phone doesn’t let me in as it keeps restarting 

when I enter ./adb devices it doesn’t detect my phone anymore. I have to get in first 

It doesn't stop at Fastboot? You can flash the boot image using fastboot. USB debugging is only for the OS / ADB once Android is running. adb devices won't work in fastboot. Use fastboot devices.

10 hours ago, dmeanor said:

Also for most devices that have fastboot like that, most partitions can be flashed from fastboot. Some devices are recovered / flashed using fastboot ROMs. I don't know how your factory firmware is, but I've made my own fastboot ROMs using the my factory ROMs and payload dumper. Perhaps something else to look into.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:54 AM, OhioYJ said:

Also for most devices that have fastboot like that, most partitions can be flashed from fastboot. Some devices are recovered / flashed using fastboot ROMs. I don't know how your factory firmware is, but I've made my own fastboot ROMs using the my factory ROMs and payload dumper. Perhaps something else to look into.

I held volume up and and power and got this boot menu. Then I chose fastboot mode, and it’s stuck on this screen. 

When I tried the other two options (recovery and normal) my phone is stuck in boot loop

F4097337-2BEC-4ED4-99B3-D015E3D524B4.jpeg

On 11/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, dmeanor said:

I held volume up and and power and got this boot menu. Then I chose fastboot mode, and it’s stuck on this screen. 

When I tried the other two options (recovery and normal) my phone is stuck in boot loop

If you can't get back to fastboot you will likely need some sort of recovery tool. OnePlus users use the factory MSM tool, Samsung users use Odin / Heimdall,  etc. Barring something like that you probably need the advice from someone more experienced in your device. Is there a section for this device on XDA?