MSI Optix MAG274QRF heating issue at lower half of the screen

Hi,

I have brought MSI Optix MAG274QRF  this week but when I turn it on , the bottom half of the screen is getting hot (more than 40 degree).

My old monitor (MSI MAG241C ) is cool to touch but for this monitor, the area highlighted in the picture is hot to touch while rest of the area is cold.

Please tell if any  MSI Optix MAG274QRF owners faces the same issue or is it supposed to get this hot?,

Please reply soon as the return window will be over in a week.

Thanks

monitor_hot_area.jpg

Just now, cagamers said:

the bottom half of the screen is getting hot

Immediately or during long use? Thats the general vicinity of where the monitor scaler is, so they are going to be warm.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Immediately or during long use? Thats the general vicinity of where the monitor scaler is, so they are going to be warm.

After few minutes after starting the monitor, basicaly the screen is hot to touch on the botton half mostly near the msi logo. It mostly around 40-50 degree max and seems to be fixed at that temperature even during gaming or watching videos.

12 hours ago, cagamers said:

After few minutes after starting the monitor

Okay thats a bit weird, scalers are not meant to be that hot to touch especially just after minutes. Consider RMA?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Okay thats a bit weird, scalers are not meant to be that hot to touch especially just after minutes. Consider RMA?

I have contacted Amazon and my replacement in route.

Hopefully it just a hardware issue. Normally monitor won't get this hot right?

Only those monitors get hot that don't have "power brick"  and their PSU is integrated to the monitor.

MAG274QRF though has external power brick probably, so it should not get hot, yes.

I edit my posts more often than not