Computer crashes(black screen) when 3D program runs

chudtopia

So my graphics card (Titan X) has started to crash when I open 3D Programs and Its weird because if I don't open a 3D program, it doesn't crash, but the even weirding thing is I tested different DirectX and when I run DirectX 9, it crashes. But when I run DirectX 10, it runs smooth and I don't see any artifacts and I haven't had it crash on it yet. But on DirectX 11, I have had it run a few times but like 7/10, it crashes, otherwise it has artifacts when running it. And finally, on DirectX 12, I can't remember exactly but i'm pretty sure it runs smooth but I THINK it also has artifacts. 

The card is 5 years old and was used to run 3D applications and do rendering. I also think it is probably thermal damaged because before, when I did a stress test on it, it got to 91C, and now after replacing the thermal pads and thermal paste on the card, it only gets to about 75C. Also, I did a vram test on it and it had no errors. I’ve also tested it with different computers, drivers, monitors but bother worked.

I want to know why this maybe be happening and why some DirectX work. Also, if it can fix it and how I could fix it. 

Any help appreciated 🙂

Also I attached a photo of it crashing on Rocket League

IMG_3582.JPG

Only thing you can really do is run DDU in safe mode, reinstall the drivers, and see if that fixes it. It might be a driver issue, but with that much artifacting there's probably something wrong with the GPU itself.