Issues with Gigabyte RMA

Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
1 hour ago, Always_Forward said:

Hey all,

I recently purchased a GIGABYTE graphics card bundle off of Newegg that contained an Aorus Geforce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC, and shipped the GPU over to their location in Rowland Heights CA with their RMA label through UPS as my motherboard wasn't posting. The EZ Debug LED MSI X570 kept indicating it as the vga/gpu even after re slotting it and checking the psu cables. Card was about a month old when it died on me after a small movie session and crash.

All of this aside, the reason I'm writing this is because I was wondering if anyone else has had issues dealing with Aorus/Gigabyte Support. I've been having issues getting them to respond, and on the website they haven't even processed receiving my card even though UPS said it was delivered at their dock and signed for 10/27/2021. If I could count on anyone to help me out I know it would most likely be one of you. Any advice? Sorry about the trouble, I'm worried I wasted my savings.

Take care out there,

Some Dude.

ScrnShotRMAGigabyte2.png

ShippingGigabyteTech2.pdf 19.76 kB · 0 downloads UPSProofOfDelivery2.pdf 77.85 kB · 0 downloads RMA_append_form[456].docx 14.56 kB · 0 downloads

Gigabyte has horrible RMA service. You can find a lot of similar cases as yours. When did you send the card their way? If it's delivered the 27th, you can assume it's going to be there for about 2-3 weeks, then shipped back to you. It probably still needs to be processed and is just waiting for service.

Hey all,

I recently purchased a GIGABYTE graphics card bundle off of Newegg that contained an Aorus Geforce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC, and shipped the GPU over to their location in Rowland Heights CA with their RMA label through UPS as my motherboard wasn't posting. The EZ Debug LED MSI X570 kept indicating it as the vga/gpu even after re slotting it and checking the psu cables. Card was about a month old when it died on me after a small movie session and crash.

All of this aside, the reason I'm writing this is because I was wondering if anyone else has had issues dealing with Aorus/Gigabyte Support. I've been having issues getting them to respond, and on the website they haven't even processed receiving my card even though UPS said it was delivered at their dock and signed for 10/27/2021. If I could count on anyone to help me out I know it would most likely be one of you. Any advice? Sorry about the trouble, I'm worried I wasted my savings.

Take care out there,

Some Dude.

ScrnShotRMAGigabyte2.png

ShippingGigabyteTech2.pdf UPSProofOfDelivery2.pdf RMA_append_form[456].docx

1 hour ago, Always_Forward said:

Hey all,

Take care out there,

Some Dude.

ScrnShotRMAGigabyte2.png

ShippingGigabyteTech2.pdf 19.76 kB · 0 downloads UPSProofOfDelivery2.pdf 77.85 kB · 0 downloads RMA_append_form[456].docx 14.56 kB · 0 downloads

Gigabyte has horrible RMA service. You can find a lot of similar cases as yours. When did you send the card their way? If it's delivered the 27th, you can assume it's going to be there for about 2-3 weeks, then shipped back to you. It probably still needs to be processed and is just waiting for service.

1 hour ago, Naijin said:

Ah, well that does definitely help bring my worries down thank you. I began the RMA process on the 24th or 25th of October, however before the send I received quick support. Since the send It's been radio silence. I guess I shouldn't worry too much but I'm going to keep this thread open until I hear back from them so others can get confirmation although slow and their bad reputation, Gigabyte does. eventually... get their job done. Because as of currently they haven't even scanned the box in. Don't need anyone else worrying about their $XXX.XX amount of currency vanishing because they don't update the status of their RMA a week after receiving the item at the dock.

Update: Got conflicting information from their esupport team. One service member said that the esupport team does not have access to the information of the RMA team, while another one said the card was tested last Friday (October 29, 2021) and will be replaced. The website itself still says they have yet to receive my card and I occasionally get emails saying that I have started the RMA process although I already have and sent it. I also contacted GIGABYTE through the number the service rep gave me to get in contact with their RMA team (It was just the U.S. contact number). was on hold for 3 hours 56 minutes and 29 seconds before giving up and putting myself in the queue to be called back yesterday. Never received a return call.

tl;dr: Their service sucks because they lack reliable response times, and don't really fill you in on what's going on.

I'll keep this thread updated time to time until I receive the card back.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all, just wanted to update things saying I never got called back, going to call them early tomorrow and hopefully get in contact with someone on the RMA team.

It took a very long time but the card has arrived as of today. There was little to no contact with the gigabyte team and their customer service is pretty abysmal for RMAs. Closing the thread now. If you are doing an RMA with them I hope you have good luck. Because this was a pretty awful experience for all parties involved. I called them pretty often and never got a call back no matter how early I joined the queue. And their esupport team takes days to reply with no info on whether your RMA is going well or not. Oh and the AORUS website seriously never updated whether my card was at their facility or not. kept on saying it was waiting to arrive there.

34 minutes ago, Always_Forward said:

It took a very long time but the card has arrived as of today. There was little to no contact with the gigabyte team and their customer service is pretty abysmal for RMAs. Closing the thread now. If you are doing an RMA with them I hope you have good luck. Because this was a pretty awful experience for all parties involved. I called them pretty often and never got a call back no matter how early I joined the queue. And their esupport team takes days to reply with no info on whether your RMA is going well or not. Oh and the AORUS website seriously never updated whether my card was at their facility or not. kept on saying it was waiting to arrive there.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

I had a similar issue with ASUS - took 3 attempts to get a card replaced with no resolution from their email or customer service. Had to take that shit to reddit and got resolution there.

Same thing with AMD's store. Took over a month to get refunded on an item i never even received. Had to blast them on reddit.

Sad state of things, when you aren't getting any solutions, blast them on SM and you might get more luck.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x