GPU hotspot rise causing auto restart

ainkmetal

Hi, i got pc auto restart problem recently when playing games that graphics demanding.. my gpu is RTX 2070.. i thought the game itself was causing problem but, then when i play other game, same thing happens.. i checked the gpu and cpu temp all still in the 60s°C.. max is 63°C.. once i checked my GPU fan and it's not spinning, even when gpu core fans rise above 60.. i thought my gpu fans dead.. but when i set manual speed on geforce experience performance setting, it spinning normally.. try to game again, and the problem persists.. the pc auto restart just minutes into the game while gpu and cpu temp still on 60s.. then i realized the gpu hotspot temperature is higher.. and slightly after it reach 80, the pc auto restart.. in geforce experience performance setting, the temp limit is 81°C.. so i guess it's what causing the restart.. the gpu driver didn't differentiate hotspot temp and gpu core temp and just forcing restart.. i try to confirm this by opening my side panel and put 50w desk fan there.. i can run games just fine.. no auto restart happens..

so, is there a way to differentiate temperature threshold limit for gpu? never got this problem before.. I thought the update gpu driver causing this.. 

Edited by ainkmetal
typos

okay i seems wrong.. when i use the temporary measures, which is putting the desk fan on opened side panel case.. after hours of game, the pc still restart even though the hotspot temp still in low 70s°C..

so i check the psu.. putting it outside the case but reconnect all cables, and turn the pc on.. found the culprit.. the psu fan is dead and not spinning.. i guess its what's overheat, there's burnt smell too.. i didn't check it first because the case has plastic cover for the psu compartment.. and it also prevent airflow from desk fan reaching it.. damn i hope i can still repair the fan..