Startup event

Rakkzo

Hello!

This might be a longshot and a bit strange 😃

Earlier today my desktop PC booted while being in what I thought was a shutdown state. I later found out that Windows had by default selected the fast startup option. I'm not sure about what this state actually means. The desktop PC got started when two events occurred during the same time. Do not know which one, if any, started it.

So I'm using the same monitor for both my laptop and desktop PC. HDMI for the laptop and DisplayPort for the desktop PC. Both are connected to the monitor, but the PCs are not necessarily running at the same time.

So I was about to unplug my monitor(HDMI connected) from my laptop USB C driven dongle and at the same time I did bump my hand against my desktop PCs keyboard. And my desktop PC started. I know when my PC is in Sleep state pressing a key on the keyboard will start it up. But how about fast startup?

Do you think the start event occurred due to the actual keyboard being pressed or the monitor sending a signal when the laptops HDMI was unplugged(I know some TVs can power on consoles when switching to the console actual HDMI port)? The reason I'm asking is because I could not reproduce it which got me a bit worried that it could be something else?

Edit: I also noticed that the system uptime was 8 hours when it started from last nights shutdown event. Is that related to the actual fast startup or is it possible that the PC did not succeed to power of properly?

Thanks in advance!