linux distro

i am thinking about switching to zorin os from ubuntu 20.04(lts). is there any con and should i make the change

will it be a smart change?

-> Moved to Linux, macOS and Everything Not-Windows, please use the correct section for your topics.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

What new or better experiences are you looking forward to with Zorin?

Ubuntu is the most widely supported Distro anywhere.

32 minutes ago, Souranil Chakraborty said:

i am thinking about switching to zorin os from ubuntu 20.04(lts). is there any con and should i make the change

will it be a smart change?

It really depends on the circumstances. There's always a con to migrating OS, that being you're going to lose everything, even if you're smart and use a separate /home mount you'll still lose all your installed apps and libraries.

Whats the use case? (Desktop, gaming rig, server etc)

What is the issue with Ubuntu?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 hours ago, whispous said:

What new or better experiences are you looking forward to with Zorin?

Ubuntu is the most widely supported Distro anywhere.

Well zorin is also based on ubuntu so that is not a problem with app compatibility. But i am switching for the default interface windows like taskbar and the start menu is nicer for me. I use it for general purpose use and my engineering studies in computer science

1 hour ago, Souranil Chakraborty said:

Well zorin is also based on ubuntu so that is not a problem with app compatibility. But i am switching for the default interface windows like taskbar and the start menu is nicer for me. I use it for general purpose use and my engineering studies in computer science

If the only reason for change is because you want it to look different, then by all means pick anything that looks the way you like.

Good call sticking with something based on Ubuntu for compatibility reasons, but don't be fooled - just because a distro is BASED on Ubuntu doesn't mean all instructions for Ubuntu will work.