Help! New GPU computer boot problems

ShinyMinotaurs
Go to solution Solved by Naijin,
19 minutes ago, ShinyMinotaurs said:

Context:

So I just installed my new RTX 3070. I have previously been using an rx 5700 xt which I have sold and shipped. After I installed the latest drivers both of my monitors got picked up and I didnt have any problems. I went to test the fps in fortnite and alt tabbed in the lobby to close obs which I had just changed encoder settings in. My system blue screened and then on reboot didn't move past auros logo. I disconnected power after 5 minutes and left it for 10. After powering it back up it turned on and off repeatedly then after i repeated the first thing I did and it booted to my mother board telling me to try multiple things - only one I hadn't done was reset Windows. So I did a reset of Windows keeping my personal files... my system is on 90 percent and has frozen.

Any troubleshooting help would be appreciated.

RTX 3070 two 8-pins plugged in via different cables

Rx 5700 xt one 8-pin and one 6-pin

Specs:

Aorus master RTX 3070 2.0

i7 8700

32gb 3200 ram

500gb samsung evo plus nvme ssd (boot drive)

1tb seagate harddrive

600 watt silver Stone psu (5 years old no problems ever)

20211022_185848.jpg

Remove your graphics card and try booting with onboard graphics, see how that works.

If it works, use DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers, shut down and insert the 3070 again. Then boot up and download the latest drivers or let Windows search for drivers.

Context:

So I just installed my new RTX 3070. I have previously been using an rx 5700 xt which I have sold and shipped. After I installed the latest drivers both of my monitors got picked up and I didnt have any problems. I went to test the fps in fortnite and alt tabbed in the lobby to close obs which I had just changed encoder settings in. My system blue screened and then on reboot didn't move past auros logo. I disconnected power after 5 minutes and left it for 10. After powering it back up it turned on and off repeatedly then after i repeated the first thing I did and it booted to my mother board telling me to try multiple things - only one I hadn't done was reset Windows. So I did a reset of Windows keeping my personal files... my system is on 90 percent and has frozen.

Specs:

i7 8700

32gb 3200 ram

1tb seagate harddrive

20211022_185848.jpg

19 minutes ago, ShinyMinotaurs said:

Context:

Specs:

i7 8700

32gb 3200 ram

1tb seagate harddrive

20211022_185848.jpg

Remove your graphics card and try booting with onboard graphics, see how that works.

If it works, use DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers, shut down and insert the 3070 again. Then boot up and download the latest drivers or let Windows search for drivers.