GPU installation issue

ShipOfTheseus

So I have updated my main rig with a 3080 TI and I put a Quadro P2200 I had installed on it previously into this X58 build I have. Using a used ASUS p6x58d-e board, I had previously a Quadro NVS 310 in it. Deleted all the drivers using DDU in safe mode, plugged it in and the moment I boot Ubuntu it goes straight to black screen no signal from GPU. The GPU fan spins

For windows it limits my display settings to 800x600 with windows drivers, goes to black screen the moment I install drivers for the P2200. When on windows drivers it would sometimes show the GPU model correctly, other times not recognize neither the GPU nor the VRAM. I have updated bios, tried reinstalling drivers multiple times all to no result. I really don't want to test the GPU by unplugging my 3080 and putting it back in my main rig. I've never tested the mobo with a different gpu.

I have a second NVS 310 so I tried to connect it to the second PCIE 16 port and the second GPU will not display anything. Since the TDP on these things is 20 W and P2200 is 70 W, I was kinda wondering if the mobo PCIE express just not be delivering enough power? 

Any of you guys have any ideas as to what it may be and how valid my idea with TDP might be? Cause I'm going crazy out here lol.