Laptop Suggestions

Hello, so I need some help. So I am in Canada and I'm looking for a laptop that I can use day to day (for my school work and for leisure). Sadly my MacBook Air won't be able to survive this upcoming school year (going into Video Game Design) so I decided to look for a new laptop that can help support not only my education but also for fun.

What I am looking for is something with 16gb ram and with dedicated a GPU. My price range is within the $1,500's and below, but if needed I could spend a bit more. I've tried looking online but nothing seems to speak to me. So if any Canadian's happen to find this any help will be much appreciated! 

1500 CAD with a dedicated GPU is gonna be a stretch, but do-able.  My sister just got a GL66 with an RTX 3050 for <$1200.  Gamestop, i think?

On 10/19/2021 at 2:00 PM, IPD said:

1500 CAD with a dedicated GPU is gonna be a stretch, but do-able.  My sister just got a GL66 with an RTX 3050 for <$1200.  Gamestop, i think?

yeah its a bit of a stretch but if needed I don't mind going over 1500 CAD if needed. But I'll for sure check out the one you just said!

The Acer Swift X (SFX14-41G-R1S6) Laptop might be what your looking for with a ryzen 7 5800u and Nvidia 3050ti been looking at it myself but i might be going higher spec