Mixing coolant

Brebst

So I bought a liter of pre-mixed Hydro X coolant, and I have about 1 liter of distilled water and 250ml of EKWB Concentrate. Is it okay to mix these?

We don't have many stores here in Norway who sells custom cooling and such, so I just bought what was available.

11 minutes ago, Brebst said:

So I bought a liter of pre-mixed Hydro X coolant, and I have about 1 liter of distilled water and 250ml of EKWB Concentrate. Is it okay to mix these?

We don't have many stores here in Norway who sells custom cooling and such, so I just bought what was available.

No, I wouldn't recommend mixing coolants. Given that the 250 ml of EKWB should be diluted 10x, this would mean you have 2.5 L of EKWB 1x coolant. Is this not going to be enough for your loop?

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

No, I wouldn't recommend mixing coolants. Given that the 250 ml of EKWB should be diluted 10x, this would mean you have 2.5 L of EKWB 1x coolant. Is this not going to be enough for your loop?

So this is my first time trying to build a custom loop, so I actually have no idea how much coolant I need. And I also stated wrong earlier, I have 2 liters of pure distilled water. Should I just use the Pre-mixed HydroX Coolant and add some distilled water to that? Since it's already pre-mixed, I won't have to mix it myself.

1 minute ago, Brebst said:

So this is my first time trying to build a custom loop, so I actually have no idea how much coolant I need. And I also stated wrong earlier, I have 2 liters of pure distilled water. Should I just use the Pre-mixed HydroX Coolant and add some distilled water to that? Since it's already pre-mixed, I won't have to mix it myself.

No, the pre-mixed coolant should be used as is, no dilution should be done. If you list out your loop components, we can have a guesstimate as to how much volume there will be.

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

No, the pre-mixed coolant should be used as is, no dilution should be done. If you list out your loop components, we can have a guesstimate as to how much volume there will be.

Okay, so I have:

EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

- EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)

- EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi (incl. pump)

- EKWB-Quantum Vector Strix GPU/VRAM/VRM 3090 Waterblock

22 minutes ago, Brebst said:

Okay, so I have:

EK-Velocity D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi

- EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple)

- EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi (incl. pump)

- EKWB-Quantum Vector Strix GPU/VRAM/VRM 3090 Waterblock

I think there is a good chance it is less than 1 liter (dependingon tubing length) but it is definitely less than 2 liters 

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I think there is a good chance it is less than 1 liter (dependingon tubing length) but it is definitely less than 2 liters 

Okay, so just go for the pre-mixed if it's less than 1 liter? But if I just a touch more, do i add some pure distilled water? 

3 minutes ago, Brebst said:

Okay, so just go for the pre-mixed if it's less than 1 liter? But if I just a touch more, do i add some pure distilled water? 

No, you just leave it be, and try to obtain one more bottle and top it up with the same coolant. Worst case your reservoir may not be filled to the top, but it will not affect performance of the loop. 1 liter should be more than plenty to get the air out of the key components.

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

No, you just leave it be, and try to obtain one more bottle and top it up with the same coolant. Worst case your reservoir may not be filled to the top, but it will not affect performance of the loop. 1 liter should be more than plenty to get the air out of the key components.

Okay, thank you so much for the help! :D