Hyperx Quadcast

BenGee

Hi everyone!

It seems as though I'm having an issue with my new mic. First time poster so...go with me on this.

I bought a hyperx quadcast mic a few days ago. I didn't bother to set it up until today because of time and work etc.

I went to give it a go today and there seems to be a lot of static in the background of the audio. You can hear my voice pretty clearly, however, the static does get in the way every so often. I've tried different ports to see if that would help but to no avail. Any ideas what could be going on? Is it me or my computer that's deciding to not let me be the pro streamer I dream of 😂

Any help is hugely appreciated! 

Edit: I also noticed that whenever I mute and unmute, I get a huge static noise for about a second and then it fades. Also, if i don't use the krisp noise suppression software in discord, when I listen back to myself I can hear the static constantly and is sometimes louder than my voice.

• 3 months later...

Hi. So what I like to use is the Nvidia broadcast which has built in noise suppression. Depending on what type of OBS you use, they usually also has a built in noise cancelling filter and gate you can add (you might have to google it).