Windows Startup Issue?

Lil-Dabbie

Around six months ago I put in a 970 evo nvme drive into my PC and reinstalled windows. I had no issues and everything worked as it should, until a few months ago. A few months back I replaced my MSI Z170A Carbon motherboard with an i5 6500 with an i7 9700k and a different msi motherboard. (I believe it was an MSI Z390 of some sort, I could check box if need be). However, ever since installing those items I have had major problems with windows.

The first issue I ran across was not being able to get into windows at all, it would blue screen and give an error saying it couldn't find a drive with windows on it. So long story short, after multiple (problably 5 reinstalls) I have now had the ability to get into windows. However, I have an issue of cpu overclocks not saving or staying active, my gpu overclocks through MSI afterburner won't work on windows startup anymore, windows will launch in a much lower resolution so I have to wait an extra minute or so until it auto fixes, the second monitor won't activate or turn on until the resolution fixes itself, and my computer will no longer wake up from going to sleep. I can't move the mouse or hit keys on the keyboard to wake it, and hitting the power button does nothing. The only thing I can do is hold down the power button which oddly enough doesn't just turn off the PC but will act as if I hit the restart button.

While these issues aren't major issues and don't have to be fixed, it would be really nice if someone knew exactly how to fix this. I have changed a bunch of settings around in the bios from YouTube videos to try and resolve the issue to no avail. One last thing I would like to point out is that when trying to get windows fixed with this new board, it wouldn't allow for the NVME to be the main boot drive originally, I had to put some weird setting in place just to get it to launch at all, so I don't think it is the main boot drive. (Maybe it is trying to launch using the hard drive and then realizes that windows is on the SSD?) Sorry for the long rant but if anyone has any ideas that would be great and thanks ahead of time.

After nearly a week with no responses I figure this means nobody knows what could be causing this, so with that being said I figured I would ask if anyone has any possible ideas to try. Thanks again.