MX150 Code 43 error

monastyre
Go to solution Solved by monastyre,
On 10/31/2021 at 5:43 PM, kaip said:

did you fix it?

Yeah i did by just wiping my drive entirely including boot partitions and seems like it fixed the problem. Everything works fine and even restart process got back to normal before that it could restart by itself few times on blank screen. Yet it costed all data on drive and almost a year of my time but it's worth it. I dont know tho how it fixed this problem can only guess that it could've been the problem with boot configuration of two different linux disrtos i've tried in the past year so it might've conflicted with one another. Hope it would be helpful to anyone whom had that problem especially after passingthrough a gpu on the muxless laptop.

Cheers936941528_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.81ddabceadf3d11826627c65418cb59a.pngimage.png.114fce72ba1324b5cf7ceb221128df72.png

Hello there. I've been keep encountering this problem for about 6 months now and any solution from google search, reddit or youtube videos such as uninstalling drivers using DDU, installing drivers from device manager, disabling intel-vtx or hyper-v, swapping ram sticks and updating/downgrading a laptop bios and installing manufactures' version and the latest version of drivers thorugh nvidia setup still nothing works for me. It started happening after trying to run a qemu/kvm on manjaro linux uning gpu passthrough.
Yet im confident on one thing that the gpu is definitely not fried (used only for basic things such as playing few games once in a while furthermore it always ran cool without any thermal throttling) and this is only a software problem. Few weeks ago i performed a clean install of windows 10 and gpu worked for two days or so and stopped working again. I've tried different versions of windows 10 even LTSC but the result remains the same.
Any tips or possible solutions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Specs:
Acer Aspire 5 A517-51G-58KJ
CPU: I5-8250U
iGPU: UHD 620
GPU: Nvidia GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5)

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Uhm, you do know that any electrical component can fail at any time for no reason whatsoever? You encounter this problem with multiple OSes and driver versions? In that case the hardware is defective. Sorry, but there's nothing else we can tell you.

i dont think it's the hardware could be fauly in such occasion because it works after clean install and booting off hard disk for some time then only fails. My guess maybe there's something to do with nvidia optimus. When i tried to start vm using a single gpu passthrough the system is just hangs up and nvidia drivers are not loading/unloading. But within a system vm works fine.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, monastyre said:

i dont think it's the hardware could be fauly in such occasion because it works after clean install and booting off hard disk for some time then only fails. My guess maybe there's something to do with nvidia optimus. When i tried to start vm using a single gpu passthrough the system is just hangs up and nvidia drivers are not loading/unloading. But within a system vm works fine.

did you fix it?

• 2 months later...
On 10/31/2021 at 5:43 PM, kaip said:

did you fix it?

Yeah i did by just wiping my drive entirely including boot partitions and seems like it fixed the problem. Everything works fine and even restart process got back to normal before that it could restart by itself few times on blank screen. Yet it costed all data on drive and almost a year of my time but it's worth it. I dont know tho how it fixed this problem can only guess that it could've been the problem with boot configuration of two different linux disrtos i've tried in the past year so it might've conflicted with one another. Hope it would be helpful to anyone whom had that problem especially after passingthrough a gpu on the muxless laptop.

Cheers936941528_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.81ddabceadf3d11826627c65418cb59a.pngimage.png.114fce72ba1324b5cf7ceb221128df72.png