Bios update problems

Loitrem

I updated my bios and not i can't overclock or use xmp like i had before. i tried to clear the CMOS, installed the previous bios version, and even went back to the original version i had and still cant. Am I missing something here?

PC:
MSI Meg z490 Ace
i9-10900k - was clocked at 5.1 before update
16gb Ram - 4000 mhz before 2666 now
rtx 3070

any help would be appreciated

i should add that i can click xmp and i did look in the bios under overclocking and my memory shows it can go to 4000 but if i click xmp (which is what i used before) it give an memory clock error upon reboot. also i tried to overclock the cpu and i can change values but it just wont do it.

Yo 

I think you thought about it, but just for the fun of it. try redownload the new Bios and use a empty usb and use Bios Flash back on your MB and not power the pc on. And if still not work after that, try clear Cmos agian and then try to boot XMP on agian.

PS. Have you try just one of the thing? Like just XMP Ram and keep cpu stock?

i have tried one thing at a time yes. i have not tried the bios flash back yet. i will try that

ok so that did not work either. 

I did somehow get it to work by putting the origional version of bios i had on, overclocking the cpu as before, and overclocking the ram using "try it" to what it was before and somehow it magically worked this time. I have no idea why that worked now but im just never chaning it again lol

thanks for the help though!