CPU socket temp vs core temp, 5800x

I don't know why anyone would say that socket temp is "supposed to be" higher than core temps. It often is for Ryzen, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong if it isn't.

What are your temps like under load? That's the real question for whether or not your cooling solution is working properly.

15 minutes ago, Public Nuisance said:

one was another thread on this forum

For future reference, never consider information that is 7 years old, and on a older platform to be relevant for your hardware. That being said, core temperature is what you should be aware of.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Use HWinfo64.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
EVGA SuperNova 750w | Fractal Torrent Compact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

7 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

I don't know why anyone would say that socket temp is "supposed to be" higher than core temps. It often is for Ryzen, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong if it isn't.

What are your temps like under load? That's the real question for whether or not your cooling solution is working properly.

I adjusted the PBO limits and played with the curve optimizer and so at 100% load on all cores I hit 85% max

You'd be better off to use HWInfo64 with your 5800X while it's proven to be a bit more reliable. It also will feature many more sensor readings for you to have a bunch of questions about. haha (jk). 

Also, try not to run multiple monitoring apps at the same time. Sometimes this can skew readings.

GLHF!