Programs and Features Error Message

Hello Everyone, 

I have had a few people assist me with this and we are unable to fix this issue. I have a client who is running Windows Server Essentials 2016 and we are unable to add or remove features when doing so I am getting an error message

"The request to ass or remove features on the specified served failed. Installation of one or more roles, role services or features failed. The referanced assembly could not be found. Error: 0x80073701

Capture231.PNG

Have you tried this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/when-trying-to-install-updates-from-windows-update-you-might-receive-updates-failed-there-were-problems-installing-some-updates-but-we-ll-try-again-later-with-errors-0x80073701-0x800f0988-e74b3505-f054-7f15-ec44-6ec0ab15f3e0

When was the last backup of the server? What is the server doing, is it still in the prep phase or is it live? Can you just reimage it and ensure windows update is working properly?

Is the server using WSUS as an update server or is it pulling it from the internet?

Is there a firewall either on the machine or on the network blocking access?

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Have you tried this?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/when-trying-to-install-updates-from-windows-update-you-might-receive-updates-failed-there-were-problems-installing-some-updates-but-we-ll-try-again-later-with-errors-0x80073701-0x800f0988-e74b3505-f054-7f15-ec44-6ec0ab15f3e0

When was the last backup of the server? What is the server doing, is it still in the prep phase or is it live? Can you just reimage it and ensure windows update is working properly?

Is the server using WSUS as an update server or is it pulling it from the internet?

Is there a firewall either on the machine or on the network blocking access?

The server is currently in use. In 2019 this client moved locations and got a new server. She paid someone to install it and her workstations for her. (won't belittle the way someone computes because not all doctors practice the same) however, she is still using the local user accounts on the workstations because the server is not configured. All of the programs and files are drive mapped from the server. I have recently taken this over 

The server is "live" but is full of data at this time

Just tried doing what was in the link 

Error: 0x800f0806

The operation could not be completed due to pending operations.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log