Help with new program

BustinJustin

I've recently got into gaming on my TV with my PC. I really like Steam's Big Picture but I hate using my mouse and keyboard to get into it. I know, I know; you can enter Big Picture if a Steam window already has focus, but If you're that far, you may as well just use the mouse to click the button.

What I'm wanting to do is write a program using C# that runs in the background on Windows (very light weight, of course) and waits for you to press certain buttons on your controller (Xbox for now). I'm thinking maybe both triggers simultaneously or both triggers + X simultaneously; something that won't be likely pressed accidentally. Anyways, when you press the right button combo, Big Picture automatically launches even if there is no Steam window open, let alone with focus.

What do you guys think? Is this something you would use? Does this already exist? Just wanting your thoughts. And, of course, if you're willing to contribute, that is definitely welcome!

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

If you hold down the xbox button for about 10 seconds it will take you to it I think.