Poco F3 vs. A52s 5G?

LBO6051

I've noticed that the newer A52s 5G model was recently released in my country, and seeing the comparisons between it and the regular A52 5G model, I see that they're quite close with A52s being only slightly better with it's improved CPU (Snapdragon 778G vs. Snapdragon 750G), and GPU. Other than that, they're mostly the same.

Now I'm wondering, how does it compare to the Poco F3, and which one would be better value?

I'm shopping for a new phone, and I mostly care about battery life and it's longevity / future-proofing, so specs aren't so much important to me because both phones look great, and I'm pretty sure I would be pleased with both of them so I don't mind if one is weaker than the other.

Camera, Video games, Flashy display are all irrelevant to me.

The only thing that remains different is the price, in which A52s is slightly cheaper (~€20) than the F3, but it does come with lower memory and storage (6/128GB vs. 8/256GB), which is something I don't mind because my use case is so minimal.

So, out of these two phones, which one would you recommend?

16 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Going for Poco F3:

• Flagship grade SD870
  • More RAM
  • More internal storage, faster (UFS 3.1)
  • Charges faster, supports QC3 and USB PD 3
  • Glass back
  • Side mounted fingerprint

Going for A52/A52s:

• Better IP rating (IP67 as opposed to IP53)
  • Better cameras, OIS on main camera
  • Headphone jack
  • Microsd slot
  • Plastic unibody
  • Under-display fingerprint
  • Slightly smaller device
  • Better for Chinaphobes

Thanks for the info huilun.

The only question that remains now is, which of these two phones would provide better longevity / future-proofing potential?

F3 has superior CPU, GPU and two more gigabytes of RAM, but with a buggier OS, whereas A52s has more software updates, better IP rating, and a bit more stable OS.

Seeing how the specs for both are overkill for my use cases, I'm still not sure which of these would suit me better, but I know for sure that whichever one I pick, it'll serve me well.

23 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The A52s is a more well-rounded package

But if you intend to fill up most of its 128GB internal storage, get a 256GB version or the Poco F3 instead

Many phone users do not realize that filling up most of the internal storage will cause the storage speed to slow down drastically. And is often the culprit for the phone becoming sluggish after some time of usage.

Unfortunately, I can only find the 6/128 GB version on the A52s, so it's either that or Poco F3. Nonetheless, I believe 128GB is more than enough for me, since I don't download anything on my phone, the most files that I keep don't take much space, and the maximum amount of space I ever had on a phone was around 20 GB.

One thing that I'm uncertain of however is whether or not 6GB of RAM will be enough, especially a couple of years down the road. While it is enough for me right now, I'm not sure if the phone is going to struggle from RAM eating OS, and browsers (like Chrome).