Oneplus 3t bootloop

Go to solution Solved by ToadSpit,

Ok I took it to the shop and ya the board was busted it died from overheating, thanks for responding

Hi guys, I have this oneplus 3t and I ws just using SoundCloud and suddenly turned off I thought maybe I accidentally did it and turned it on again (i ws walking with the phone in my right hand, the power button's right underneath my hand when I'm holding it like that and when you hold it the menu opens next to it around the skin under your thumb so there can be two accidental operations at the same time), got back to my music and it did the same thing again (i think it did that on its own even the first time), now when I hold the power button it does nothing (charging was around 50%) and when I put it on charging it turns on for a sec, vibrates and shut down and this cycle keeps going. I should also mention that I ran a few 3dmark benchmarks on it the results were really bad like my score was the worst out of every oneplus 3t that's been tested (also it gets really very hot that it becomes painful to the touch when playing PUBG) What's wrong with it can someone pls tell me that, any help would be appreciated

Your battery might be end of life.

I'd say try charging it on just a usb port of your computer. It will charge slowly but that is  going to put little stress on the battery.

The battery timing wasn't great but it used to run ok I had this weird app and for temperatures and they were around 25-27 while the CPU used to go as high as 64 or more

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Your battery might be end of life.

I'd say try charging it on just a usb port of your computer. It will charge slowly but that is  going to put little stress on the battery.

I ws charging it with a weird changing brick that used to kill normal USB cables but this time I ws using type c  (actually I ws too lazy to go get a new brick and I had alot of cables so I thought it wouldn't matter if another cables dies), could this be the reason?

Just now, ToadSpit said:

I ws charging it with a weird changing brick that used to kill normal USB cables but this time I ws using type c  (actually I ws too lazy to go get a new brick and I had alot of cables so I thought it wouldn't matter if another cables dies), could this be the reason?

The phone wasn't on charging tho when it started doing this 

1 minute ago, ToadSpit said:

You were using a charger that killed cables. Aka a charger that was deliver none clean power. Yeah you were basically frying your phone so it having issues now is not a surprise. Never cheap out on a charger just like you should never cheap out on a pc power supply.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You were using a charger that killed cables. Aka a charger that was deliver none clean power. Yeah you were basically frying your phone so it having issues now is not a surprise. Never cheap out on a charger just like you should never cheap out on a pc power supply.

Dude but it used to charge the other phone perfectly fine and it's only 10w, OnePlus 3T can go upto 20w how's that going to hurt it 

2 minutes ago, ToadSpit said:

Dude but it used to charge the other phone perfectly fine and it's only 10w, OnePlus 3T can go upto 20w how's that going to hurt it 

If a charger breaks cables the voltage it delivers is not stable and it has issues. I'm not talking about watts here I'm talking about unstable dirty power going through cables breaking them.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If a charger breaks cables the voltage it delivers is not stable and it has issues. I'm not talking about watts here I'm talking about unstable dirty power going through cables breaking them.

Ok look I used to have this tablet whose battery I actually killed by repairing a charger (I joined the opposite terminals) but it used to turn and function ok it just won't charge anymore (stuck at 0%), the OnePlus isn't even doing that like I said the power button does nothing and when you put it on charging it enters a bootloop

I don't think that its a battery issue what if there's something wrong with the Mobo? It used to thermal throttle real bad Helio p22 phones perform better in PUBG than this one, I pulled the settings down to smooth and it would still stutter (the only way to run it smoothly would be to put ice cubes underneath it)

11 hours ago, ToadSpit said:

I don't think that its a battery issue what if there's something wrong with the Mobo? It used to thermal throttle real bad Helio p22 phones perform better in PUBG than this one, I pulled the settings down to smooth and it would still stutter (the only way to run it smoothly would be to put ice cubes underneath it)

Is there any data on the phone you are worried about trying to salvage? At this point perhaps you should try an unbrick tool?

Ok I took it to the shop and ya the board was busted it died from overheating, thanks for responding