mobile GPU on a desktop? PC mxm GTX 1080m on PCI Express

aru2.0

So was in Facebook marketplace. And see someone post a GTX 1080 mobile. It's mxm format. It's designed for really small form factor PC or laptops. I was just curious if someone has tried this before. Get an adapter and make it work like in a PCI Express slot. I've seen one video of person doing it. But his GPU shocked. The video It would def make a fun ltt video haha.

Screenshot_20210907-221816.png

42 minutes ago, aru2.0 said:

So was in Facebook marketplace. And see someone post a GTX 1080 mobile. It's mxm format. It's designed for really small form factor PC or laptops. I was just curious if someone has tried this before. Get an adapter and make it work like in a PCI Express slot. I've seen one video of person doing it. But his GPU shocked. The video It would def make a fun ltt video haha.

Screenshot_20210907-221816.png

Eurocom has proper adapters available. Mainly targeted at professional users though since they're quite expensive.

The adapter used in the video looks like a cheap Ali/Ebay version while the Eurocom card is a card designed for this purpose.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eurocom-MXM3-Riser-Cards-will-power-your-desktop-with-a-laptop-GPU.241042.0.html