Looking To Upgrade.

Vectraat

So here's my current build (2 years old now): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZK6s

A few questions...

A.) What would you upgrade if anything?

B.) I'm thinking about buying a new graphics card because Gigabyte sucks (No need for me to elaborate, use your imagination). What card(s) should I go for, and what price should I be looking for? I'd prefer to pay as close to MSRP as possible. Will the card(s) you're suggesting be much better than my 2080 in terms of performance and by how much? 

These upgrades don't need to be immediate, but I'd like to keep my eyes out for parts in case they sell at a reasonable price so me knowing the MSRP and where to buy in Canada would be great, thanks!

9 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

nvme ssd for system ?

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND SATAIII SSD 1 TB.  Read: 560MB/s Write: 530MB/s

Edit: Actually, I think I misunderstood you because my SSD is already listed. Is the NVME gonna be worth it? I'm not sure what reason I had for not going that route before. 

Going from a sata to NVME would be a notable speed change but currently a good gen 3 and current gen 4 drive are hard to tell apart.

CPU and GPU seem fine unless your starting to feel their age, may want to keep a lookout for a Higher end chip that would fit your board if it ever good on a good sale. Otherwise you'll have to changeout alot to move to a more recent generation of processor.

3 minutes ago, zoodog said:

Going from a sata to NVME would be a notable speed change but currently a good gen 3 and current gen 4 drive are hard to tell apart.

CPU and GPU seem fine unless your starting to feel their age, may want to keep a lookout for a Higher end chip that would fit your board if it ever good on a good sale. Otherwise you'll have to changeout alot to move to a more recent generation of processor.

So what NVME would you recommend? It's really worth it over what I have?
And what GPU / MSRP would you recommend? 

2080 is frankly fine in this market-  unless you have someone willing to trade you up or you need the RTX addons. Getting a 3070 and up in this market can be tough.

2 hours ago, Vectraat said:

So here's my current build (2 years old now): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/hJZK6s

A few questions...

A.) What would you upgrade if anything?

B.) I'm thinking about buying a new graphics card because Gigabyte sucks (No need for me to elaborate, use your imagination). What card(s) should I go for, and what price should I be looking for? I'd prefer to pay as close to MSRP as possible. Will the card(s) you're suggesting be much better than my 2080 in terms of performance and by how much? 

These upgrades don't need to be immediate, but I'd like to keep my eyes out for parts in case they sell at a reasonable price so me knowing the MSRP and where to buy in Canada would be great, thanks!

Just upgrade the cooler and overclock

Pretty stupid to not overclock or atleast undervolt a k cpu tbh, esp when you have the board that can oc

15 minutes ago, zoodog said:

2080 is frankly fine in this market-  unless you have someone willing to trade you up or you need the RTX addons. Getting a 3070 and up in this market can be tough.

So what slot am I putting the NVMe in? The 22110 or 2280 slot? What does the x4" mean? 

PbaPzXn.png

X4 is how many lanes it uses, depending on the board or controller they may not all be available if shared with another device {likely the short slot next to it}.

the other numbers refer to the sizes it can fit, the 2280 is very common I i think would fit in either.