CPU Temps at 100c

So im looking for a bit of advise. I'm new to pc gaming and building and I've recently finished my build. 

My CPU is an intel i5 10600kf, I have a coolermaster 212 Black Edition and I have 3 intake fans at the front of my case. 

Everytime I run cinabench my temps go straight to 100c when doing multicore and also on doom eternal the temperature often creeps up to 100c. I'm wondering whether this could be because I don't have any Exhaust fans installed or whether this is something else? I'm planning to get a 120mm exhaust fan to put in parallel of the cpu cooler (if that makes sense) and 2 140mm to put at the top of the case. I'm hoping this will fix these temp issues but I'm on a budget and money is tight so id like to know if there is any other issue that I might have and so I can ensure I have the money to fix it.

1. did you use thermal paste?

2. is it properly mounted?

3. was there a sticker on the cooler cold plate, did you remove it?

4. have you plugged the coolers fans it can spin?

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

If the temp immediately jumps that fast, there is something wrong with your cooler mounting. Check what @Acid Pandamentioned above. 

If anything, take it off and remount it at a minimum. 

currently using my 212 black on my overclocked i7, and the temps aren't an issue. you might want to fix the mount

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

If you have no exhaust it still shouldn't go that high. I have a similar setup, just a lower tier i5 and 1 exhaust and hit 50 under load.

Try what's suggested above

7 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

1. did you use thermal paste?

2. is it properly mounted?

3. was there a sticker on the cooler cold plate, did you remove it?

4. have you plugged the coolers fans it can spin?

Yes I used thermal paste, I think its mounted properly, yes there was a sticker and i have removed it and yes the cooler fan spins.

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

currently using my 212 black on my overclocked i7, and the temps aren't an issue. you might want to fix the mount

Alright ill try doing that then. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

If you have no exhaust it still shouldn't go that high. I have a similar setup, just a lower tier i5 and 1 exhaust and hit 50 under load.

Try what's suggested above

Alright, I'll try re mounting and ill update. 

A friend had the same cooler but some plastic still stayed on with the paste applied.. I doubt this is the issue as this was a one time thing (i think/hope) but should probably look under to see how that paste is being spread or if its mounted correctly as the guys above has pointed out.

(Even tho my friends cpu died, they replaced his new cpu.)

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

So I've remounted the cooler and just run cinabench and the max cpu temp im getting now is 85c. Before it was going straight 100c so I can only assume the issue was with the mounting? I'm still going to get exhaust fans as I want the best cooling I can get on my budget and I want to make sure my pc lasts me a good while as it was an expensive build with the highend cpu and gpu i got. My scores on cinabench were: 7515. I'm not sure if that's good or not lol, but if you guys can let me know if this is better now and whether these temps will be safe enough for gaming. Thanks 🙂

57 minutes ago, Rosiak said:

So I've remounted the cooler and just run cinabench and the max cpu temp im getting now is 85c. Before it was going straight 100c so I can only assume the issue was with the mounting? I'm still going to get exhaust fans as I want the best cooling I can get on my budget and I want to make sure my pc lasts me a good while as it was an expensive build with the highend cpu and gpu i got. My scores on cinabench were: 7515. I'm not sure if that's good or not lol, but if you guys can let me know if this is better now and whether these temps will be safe enough for gaming. Thanks 🙂

85 C is certainly way better than 100C. That's a reasonable max temp for a 10600KF with a Hyper 212 assuming the temperature of the room is a bit on the warm side. At least you shouldn't be thermal throttling much anymore and exhaust fans should help get that a bit lower.

For a 10600KF, you should get Cinebench R23 scores in the 9,000-10,000 range. Did you have something else running at the same time? What are your clockspeeds when Cinebench is going?

1 hour ago, Rosiak said:

sounds great, now you can try some overclocking/undervolting to optimize performance if you really want.

As for the exhaust fan, it helps a lot more than you would guess. There was some old testing that I can't remember the source of, but some PC cases showed some very significant thermal improvements from one exhaust fan.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

39 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

85 C is certainly way better than 100C. That's a reasonable max temp for a 10600KF with a Hyper 212 assuming the temperature of the room is a bit on the warm side. At least you shouldn't be thermal throttling much anymore and exhaust fans should help get that a bit lower.

For a 10600KF, you should get Cinebench R23 scores in the 9,000-10,000 range. Did you have something else running at the same time? What are your clockspeeds when Cinebench is going?

Yeah the room is indeed on the warmer side lmao. I can try running a test again, I don't think there was anything running in background. My clock speeds are 4.70Ghz. I used the speed optimizer in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

sounds great, now you can try some overclocking/undervolting to optimize performance if you really want.

As for the exhaust fan, it helps a lot more than you would guess. There was some old testing that I can't remember the source of, but some PC cases showed some very significant thermal improvements from one exhaust fan.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get some exhaust fans. My motherboard only has 1 sys fan header so I was going to buy the Cosiar Commander Pro and buy 3 fans to be used as exhaust fans. One at the rear and two at the top of the case. Hopefully that should help being temps down a bit more as well.

4 minutes ago, Rosiak said:

Yeah the room is indeed on the warmer side lmao. I can try running a test again, I don't think there was anything running in background. My clock speeds are 4.70Ghz. I used the speed optimizer in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility.

I would like to also say for some reason on cinabench it shows the CPU is running at 4.11Ghz. Not sure if this is just showing the regular clock speed, as I'm sure i done the intel utility thing to get the core speed up.

If you want you can run without side panel until you have new fans. It would improve airflow, but dust can get in more easily.

6 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

If you want you can run without side panel until you have new fans. It would improve airflow, but dust can get in more easily.

Ok ill keep that in mind, I think ill probs leave it on for now tho as it won't be long till I get extra fans. Thanks for the advise tho 🙂

12 hours ago, Rosiak said:

I would like to also say for some reason on cinabench it shows the CPU is running at 4.11Ghz. Not sure if this is just showing the regular clock speed, as I'm sure i done the intel utility thing to get the core speed up.

Did you also remove the power limits on the CPU? If not, the all-core boost will be limited after 56 seconds to stay within the TDP spec, which will result in clocks around the base 4.1GHz. I believe the normal all-core boost with limits removed is 4.4GHz

12 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

Did you also remove the power limits on the CPU? If not, the all-core boost will be limited after 56 seconds to stay within the TDP spec, which will result in clocks around the base 4.1GHz. I believe the normal all-core boost with limits removed is 4.4GHz

How would I remove the power limits? I'm not sure if that has been removed or not.

6 hours ago, Rosiak said:

How would I remove the power limits? I'm not sure if that has been removed or not.

There should be a BIOS setting for it. What motherboard do you have?