Nvidia Layout doesn't work with full screen programs. Update: SOLVED

Go to solution Solved by jjuizz,

Update : I've got it fixed by reinstalling the Windows! (it just so happens that I have a plan to clean my boot drive anyway.)

Recently, when I tried to record some footage in game, after pressing alt + z, it'd just appear on desktop and not the game itself (when in game the cursor just wouldn't work). This has happened with all the games I've tested (TF2, SCP:SL, Valorant, Roblox, etc.) so I don't think that it's a game issue. I've also updated the driver, reinstalled it, enable this disable that; basically everything in google, and it doesn't help at all.

With that said, is there anyone who has encountered something like this? And if you sorted it out, how did you do it.

System (Laptop, Acer Nitro 5) :
CPU Ryzen 7 3750H
GPU GTX 1650
RAM 8GB DDR4 (2400)

Update : I've got it fixed by reinstalling the Windows! (it just so happens that I have a plan to clean my boot drive anyway.)

Recently, when I tried to record some footage in game, after pressing alt + z, it'd just appear on desktop and not the game itself (when in game the cursor just wouldn't work). This has happened with all the games I've tested (TF2, SCP:SL, Valorant, Roblox, etc.) so I don't think that it's a game issue. I've also updated the driver, reinstalled it, enable this disable that; basically everything in google, and it doesn't help at all.

With that said, is there anyone who has encountered something like this? And if you sorted it out, how did you do it.

System (Laptop, Acer Nitro 5) :
CPU Ryzen 7 3750H
GPU GTX 1650
RAM 8GB DDR4 (2400)

Edited by jjuizz
follow up

While i'm not 100% sure, but easily reversible...

Rightclick the game.exe in question and go to compatability tab, click ALL users preferences, and detick Fullscreen optimizations, apply and leave open..
Try that, if works, leave properties,..and if not reverse the process.

It's been the culprit of a couple issues in the past. and Who knows..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

9 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

While i'm not 100% sure, but easily reversible...

Rightclick the game.exe in question and go to compatability tab, click ALL users preferences, and detick Fullscreen optimizations, apply and leave open..
Try that, if works, leave properties,..and if not reverse the process.

It's been the culprit of a couple issues in the past. and Who knows..

I actually haven't tried this yet, but I got it fixed already because I had decided to reinstall the Windows. Thanks for the advice though!