Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Desk planning..

Quick question.. I have an 8ft butchers block that I'm gonna be using as a desk top and for the legs I'm gonna be using black iron piping. If I have the 4 legs in the corner and another leg in the back middle of the desk, will the butchers block bow easily? I'm trying to make sure this desk lasts as long as possible.

22 hours ago, chosen said:

Quick question.. I have an 8ft butchers block that I'm gonna be using as a desk top and for the legs I'm gonna be using black iron piping. If I have the 4 legs in the corner and another leg in the back middle of the desk, will the butchers block bow easily? I'm trying to make sure this desk lasts as long as possible.

You should be fine! I just did a similar thing and haven't noticed anything in terms of bowing. Just make sure you make good measurements!

1 hour ago, connorkincaid said:

You should be fine! I just did a similar thing and haven't noticed anything in terms of bowing. Just make sure you make good measurements!

Yeah, I have an 96x24 butchers block and have 5 legs. I used black iron piping to make a unique design for the legs. the legs are around 6-7ft in length and around 20 inches in depth. it doesn't seem to wobble so that's a plus for now! definitely an upgrade from what I had before.

14 minutes ago, chosen said:

Yeah, I have an 96x24 butchers block and have 5 legs. I used black iron piping to make a unique design for the legs. the legs are around 6-7ft in length and around 20 inches in depth. it doesn't seem to wobble so that's a plus for now! definitely an upgrade from what I had before.

Awesome! If you have a chance snap a picture, would love to see the final product!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 3:39 PM, connorkincaid said:

Awesome! If you have a chance snap a picture, would love to see the final product!

Forgot to post a pic, so here's the final product! Definitely gonna need a bigger mousepad 

signal-2021-08-16-213818.jpg

20210816_213924.jpg

On 9/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, chosen said:

Forgot to post a pic, so here's the final product! Definitely gonna need a bigger mousepad 

signal-2021-08-16-213818.jpg

20210816_213924.jpg

Dude that's awesome!!!

Thinking about doing some RGB lighting?

On 9/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, connorkincaid said:

Thinking about doing some RGB lighting?

Oh for sure! I'm gonna put some on the desk and maybe add some accent lighting around the room. I may get something like nanoleafs but they're so expensive. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them! I'm still trying to find things to add to the room for decoration.

33 minutes ago, chosen said:

Oh for sure! I'm gonna put some on the desk and maybe add some accent lighting around the room. I may get something like nanoleafs but they're so expensive. If you have any ideas I'd love to hear them! I'm still trying to find things to add to the room for decoration.

Put another picture up when you're done!