Which display as primary? - Just gathering opinions/thoughts

Sfalexi

First off, this is a real first world problem... I've got two good monitors to choose from, I'm just a little torn.

I've got two 24 in monitors, both Gsync capable. One is 1440p TN panel (1ms response) that can do 165hz. The other is a 1080p TN panel (1ms response) that can do 240 hz, and has slightly better colors.

With my GTX 1080, my primary gaming is overwatch, borderlands, and games similar to Far Cry series, Horizon zero dawn, etc. I sit pretty close to monitors (one arm distance)

In your opinion, should my main monitor be the 165hz 1440p, with less AA needed in the game settings, or the 240hz 1080p monitor, crank up all settings? The other monitor will stay on the side to have youtube or videos running in the background for fun. I appreciate it. I've flipped back and forth about a million times and can't make up my mind. Thanks!!!!

Lex

54 minutes ago, Sfalexi said:

First off, this is a real first world problem... I've got two good monitors to choose from, I'm just a little torn.

I've got two 24 in monitors, both Gsync capable. One is 1440p TN panel (1ms response) that can do 165hz. The other is a 1080p TN panel (1ms response) that can do 240 hz, and has slightly better colors.

With my GTX 1080, my primary gaming is overwatch, borderlands, and games similar to Far Cry series, Horizon zero dawn, etc. I sit pretty close to monitors (one arm distance)

In your opinion, should my main monitor be the 165hz 1440p, with less AA needed in the game settings, or the 240hz 1080p monitor, crank up all settings? The other monitor will stay on the side to have youtube or videos running in the background for fun. I appreciate it. I've flipped back and forth about a million times and can't make up my mind. Thanks!!!!

Lex

The low Rez monitor is a monitor for specific kinds of games and perhaps movies whereas the larger one is for more general use and other things.  The one you use most makes sense as the primary.  So which one do you use most?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.