M.2 for the NZXT motherboard

GriffinLord

So I'm planing on building an NZXT enthusiast rig (because the company's been good to me, and I like their aesthetic), but I've seen that the nzxt z490 and z590 motherboards don't have cooling pads or something for their m.2 slots, so I was wondering how I could fix this problem since I really like the look of the motherboards.

If you don't mind leaving the m.2 ssd panel open you could just buy after market heatsinks for m.2 ssds. 

Realistically you wouldn't need one in normal day to day loads. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 minutes ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

If you don't mind leaving the m.2 ssd panel open you could just buy after market heatsinks for m.2 ssds. 

Realistically you wouldn't need one in normal day to day loads. 

Could you point me towards any good ones? or do some m.2s come with one pre-instaled?

I don't really want to break the aesthetic of my build but i'd rather not risk parts for the sake of looks.

Just now, GriffinLord said:

Could you point me towards any good ones? or do some m.2s come with one pre-instaled?

I don't really want to break the aesthetic of my build but i'd rather not risk parts for the sake of looks.

They perform the same, pick any that has a good review on amazon will do. 

Some m.2 ssds do come with heatsinks, like the WD black sn750.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 minute ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

They perform the same, pick any that has a good review on amazon will do. 

Some m.2 ssds do come with heatsinks, like the WD black sn750.

Would I be able to place the motherboards m.2 shroud back on the ssd if i used the WD black sn750, or should I leave it open like you said earlier?

11 minutes ago, GriffinLord said:

Would I be able to place the motherboards m.2 shroud back on the ssd if i used the WD black sn750, or should I leave it open like you said earlier?

I'm not sure what the clearance is for the shroud. You'll need to contact nzxt.