PC Building Simulator keeps crashing

DreamCat04
Go to solution Solved by cacoe,

Assuming installed via Steam, verify files, make sure drivers are up to date, try low settings (lets be honest, it's not exactly the most demanding game on max settings) try uninstalling/reinstalling game - failing that, I'd contact the devs on this one because if everything else is fine, it's likely an issue with the actual game.

I have PC Building Simulator installed on my laptop and when I play in free mode and go any further than to install a motherboard into a case and try to select a different parts category in the install menu, it just crashes. I tried it with every category available and it for some reason only crashes on CPU and GPU categories(CPU, GPU and the watercooled GPUs). With CPU blocks it doesn't crash. Does someone know why that happens? I have it on the best graphics settings if that helps

I'm sorry, this made me lol, it's so meta.

I take it you haven't had issue on any other game? What laptop do you have/specs?

Have you tried lowest settings for testing? Are all your drivers up to date?

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

7 minutes ago, cacoe said:

I'm sorry, this made me lol, it's so meta.

I take it you haven't had issue on any other game? What laptop do you have/specs?

Have you tried lowest settings for testing? Are all your drivers up to date?

Nope, no problems with any other game. No stability issues whatsoever. No overclocking done on either the GPU of the CPU. I have an i7 10750H, 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1660Ti mobile in my Asus Strix G17. It also crashes on lowest settings

Assuming installed via Steam, verify files, make sure drivers are up to date, try low settings (lets be honest, it's not exactly the most demanding game on max settings) try uninstalling/reinstalling game - failing that, I'd contact the devs on this one because if everything else is fine, it's likely an issue with the actual game.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

4 minutes ago, cacoe said:

I have it installed via Microsoft Store(I didn't know Steam when I bought it). I think it might be a problem with the game but thanks for the advice

• 7 months later...
On 8/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, cacoe said:

I am having somewhat the same issue, and its not just PCBS its pretty much every game I own Except TF2 and Gmod. I know my pc is capable of running every game I own but either it just freezes or crashed mid-game. I've tried everything, Ive tried disabling my virus protection, deleting and reinstalling the game, installing new drivers, and verifying game files. I did upgrade my ram with a new 6gb stick of ram a few months ago to along with a single fan aio, and ever since that my pc has been an irritating piece of garbage. Please help I just want to play this game 🙂

Specs:

-Ryzen 5 2600- CPU

-PNY GeForce GTX 1660- GPU

-OLOy 16gb (2x6gb) 3000 MHz- RAM

-Gigabyte P550B 550W 80+ Bronze- PSU

-ASRock A320m a/c- MOBO

-ADATA 256gb- SSD

-Seagate Barracuda 2tb- HDD

-aigo AC120- CPU COOLER