Android 11 doesn't attach files

Darmi

Hello, I have xiaomi redmi note 8 pro, and I have recently gotten an update, that updated my phone to android 11. After the update, I have noticed, that whenever I try to attach a file into an app (using the android file explorer, that's used for example with gmail), after I click the file to get attached, it just closes, and acts like I never tried to attach any file. But when there's an in-app gui for selecting files (like for example sending images in messenger), it works fine. Is there any way to fix it? If not, is there any way to revert back to android 10 without losing my files and risking bricking my phone? 

26 minutes ago, Darmi said:

After the update, I have noticed, that whenever I try to attach a file into an app (using the android file explorer, that's used for example with gmail), after I click the file to get attached, it just closes, and acts like I never tried to attach any file.

As a workaround you could try using a 3rd party file explorer, I prefer Cx File Explorer (been using it for years, has some nice features like samba and sftp):

From gmail when you click on attach you should see in the upper left corner a hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) open it:

Spoiler

1627765395308.jpg.c6db2d281ae72c0afd575cb317b49e36.jpg

and then just choose another file explorer near the bottom of the menu and pick a file from there.

I personally haven't experienced the issue you are describing (Note 9 Pro), but I have noticed some other bugs on Android 11 and my device...

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

58 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

As a workaround you could try using a 3rd party file explorer, I prefer Cx File Explorer (been using it for years, has some nice features like samba and sftp):

From gmail when you click on attach you should see in the upper left corner a hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) open it:

Reveal hidden contents

1627765395308.jpg.c6db2d281ae72c0afd575cb317b49e36.jpg

and then just choose another file explorer near the bottom of the menu and pick a file from there.

I personally haven't experienced the issue you are describing (Note 9 Pro), but I have noticed some other bugs on Android 11 and my device...

Even when I try the 3rd party app (es file explorer), it still does the same thing. Even with the cx file explorer.

10 minutes ago, Darmi said:

Even when I try the 3rd party app (es file explorer), it still does the same thing. Even with the cx file explorer.

Well that sucks...You can roll it back / flash an older ROM, but as with any flashing there are no guarantees you won't brick it and as for saving data, well you should always backup important data before attempting anything.
I think XDA forums is a better place for this kind of conversation, like https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-info-psa-redmi-note-8-pro-megathread-cfw.4056527/

Btw, have you disabled the "MIUI Optimizations" in the Dev settings? You want that enabled.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet