Hi i use a Arctic freezer LP11 27CFM, aircooler and yeasterday i bought a Corsair 220T rgb tg case, and a 120mm sp120 rgb pro as rear fan. but do I need a better cpu cooler since i can fit a bigger/better one, in my new case. Btw the socket is a lga1151

2 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

Hi i use a Arctic freezer LP11 27CFM, aircooler and yeasterday i bought a Corsair 220T rgb tg case, and a 120mm sp120 rgb pro as rear fan. but do I need a better cpu cooler since i can fit a bigger/better one, in my new case. Btw the socket is a lga1151

What CPU is it ?

3 minutes ago, Snowwolfboi said:

Most likely you don't. The 220T has great airflow and if the cpu temperatures were already fine, it's going to be (most likely) slightly better than before. You can spend extra on a better cooler to lower the temperatures, but would it be worth a few degrees?

5 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Most likely you don't. The 220T has great airflow and if the cpu temperatures were already fine, it's going to be (most likely) slightly better than before. You can spend extra on a better cooler to lower the temperatures, but would it be worth a few degrees?

Unless its a i9 9900k. Those things are hard to keep cool. Didn't matter what I put on it, as soon as a game loaded up it shoot up to 95c and then dance around 99c until I stopped playing. Scary since the Tj was 100 on those. 

3 minutes ago, Logans Gaming said:

Unless its a i9 9900k. Those things are hard to keep cool. Didn't matter what I put on it, as soon as a game loaded up it shoot up to 95c and then dance around 99c until I stopped playing. Scary since the Tj was 100 on those. 

Assuming he still has the cpu that he created a post about in march/april, it's an i5-6500, so nothing to worry about.

45 minutes ago, Logans Gaming said:

Oh really. You call a 95w cpu hard to cool?

3 hours ago, WickedThunder86 said:

Oh really. You call a 95w cpu hard to cool?

guess you never had one......

Just now, Logans Gaming said:

guess you never had one......

My brother has a Core 2 quad Q6600 which is his daily-driver and  has 105w TDP and with a Antec A30 cooler and it never overheats.I think Intel has changed their standard for measuring TDP.

15 hours ago, WickedThunder86 said:

My brother has a Core 2 quad Q6600 which is his daily-driver and  has 105w TDP and with a Antec A30 cooler and it never overheats.I think Intel has changed their standard for measuring TDP.

So the answer is no you havent.........

On 7/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, Naijin said:

true now i have it home i can see case is just to make my gpu more cooling