Help with 800d custom loop

Hi, im new to the forums so please forgive me if i do something wrong.

I've really been looking to build a custom wc build for my rig. Since I have the Maximus V Formula, I would like to cool the cpu and chipset first and get the rig together, then get a block for my 680 in a couple months later. Here Are my Parts currently:

I7-3770k with an h100i, which i will return due to a pump problem.

A corsair 800d

A Maximus V Formula

and an asus GTX 680 dcuii top card

I would like to use the entire 360mm of space on the top of the case for the rad and would like a tube mounted resiviour.

If anyone could PLEASE do me a huge favor and put together a parts list for this system, I just want to be 100% sure that I know that the parts going into my loop will work together and not cause some kind of  failure.

If anyone has a build similar to mine, and would be willing to share a parts list for the loop I would be very Gracious. And also, I need to keep it at a $350 budget, BEFORE the GPU block, as I will add that in the Future.

Thank you to anyone who replies for your effort.

You can easily fit a 60mm thick rad up top so go for something along the lines of a XSPC RX360 with a single set of fans.  If you're really looking at doing this, then I'd read the WaterCooling 101 and WaterCooling Q&A topics sticked up top first.

As far as parts go, when you buy a waterblock for your 680, make sure that you check the block before you buy and verify compatibility as the DCUII card is not an Nvidia reference design so the majority of blocks will not work with it.  (Bolded to emphasize)

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

You can easily fit a 60mm thick rad up top so go for something along the lines of a XSPC RX360 with a single set of fans.  If you're really looking at doing this, then I'd read the WaterCooling 101 and WaterCooling Q&A topics sticked up top first.

As far as parts go, when you buy a waterblock for your 680, make sure that you check the block before you buy and verify compatibility as the DCUII card is not an Nvidia reference design so the majority of blocks will not work with it.  (Bolded to emphasize)

ek makes a full cover for that card

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc680-gtx-dcii-acetal-nickel.html

Edit - Performance PCs link http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=34472

Wow, that was fast. I gotta do this more often, anyways, thanks for the list and the info, but i cant seem to get the cpu block, what was it?

Can I also keep the backplate on the dcuii 680?

Can I also keep the backplate on the dcuii 680?

Sorry I'm not sure about that, but my guess would be that it wouldn't work. Ek makes their own backplate though.

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc680-gtx-dcii-backplate-black.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16564/ex-blc-1169/EK_ASUS_GeForce_680_GTX_DCII_VGA_Liquid_Cooling_RAM_Backplate_-_Black_CSQ_EK-FC680_GTX_DCII_Backplate_-_Black_CSQ.html?tl=c311s1631b133

I realize they pretty much domaximus-v-formula-fusion-thermo-watercoo

nothing, but i mistyped by saying chipset, I meant to say the VRM cooler already on the MVF. Its just two 3/8 in barbs so i should be ok, purely for asthetics.

Yeah thy vrm is all that really needs to be cooled because the chipset doesn't do much these days.

By the way, what would be a good color additive, I was looking for red, and am supposedly not supposed to use mayhems aurora..

By the way, what would be a good color additive, I was looking for red, and am supposedly not supposed to use mayhems aurora..

Aurora is made to be used for only a day or two during pc showcases. After that it clogs your system. Its not a myth.

You can buy red dyes everywhere, Mayhems (arguable the best coolant supplier) makes red dye. http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop2/red-10ml.html

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

XSPC EC6 is compatible with almost anything.

airdeano