NEEEEDDD HELP!!!!!

Go to solution Solved by Hygel,

If it's only happening when you play games then you probably just have a bunch of bloatware set up to run when you're playing. Things like overwolf extensions or clipping softwares can pile up pretty easily. Try setting task manager to show you what's taking up the most cpu power and enabling "always on top" in the options tab (or just put it on another monitor if you have one), then boot up whatever game you're trying to play and see what it is rather than just looking at it while you're at idle. Try ending the tasks that you see start to rise to the top (except the game, obviously) and see if that works

my cpu at idol is hitting 70% 80% and i cant figure out why. and when i enter games my cpu runs higher then my gpu. my gpu sits at %50 and my cpu is at %100. i have tried to figure out how to use my gpu instead of my cpu but with no luck. plz someone help!!!

Ryzen 5 2600x

zotac gaming nvidia rtx 2080

gigabyte b450 ds3h

16gb g.skill 

Have you tried opening task manager to see what's using up the cpu power yet? Could be some background task that you forgot about. Also possibly a virus so you should try running a scan with an antivirus software.

9 minutes ago, Hygel said:

Have you tried opening task manager to see what's using up the cpu power yet? Could be some background task that you forgot about. Also possibly a virus so you should try running a scan with an antivirus software.

i did look and it wasnt a backround task. but what software should i try to scan for viruses? also i havnt dowloaded anything in awhile so i highly doubt it could be a virus

11 minutes ago, Bandee said:

i did look and it wasnt a backround task. but what software should i try to scan for viruses? also i havnt dowloaded anything in awhile so i highly doubt it could be a virus

Can you send a screenshot of the Performance>CPU tab in task manager (showing all of the values), then restart before trying anything else? If you haven't purchased an antivirus, defender will work fine. Just run a full scan or offline scan, they will both take a while but that's normal (especially with 70% of your cpu power already in use). Also, some viruses don't do anything for a while then attack weeks/months after you've downloaded them as a way to keep them from being suspected as the issue. It's possible that it's a heating issue or a hardware issue with the processor itself, though (fixable). Some processes (like crypto mining) can sometimes not be detected by task manager (pretty rare, but possible), so it's still possible that it's just some background process deciding to eat up your performance for no reason. 

4 minutes ago, Hygel said:

Can you send a screenshot of the Performance>CPU tab in task manager, then restart before trying anything else? If you haven't purchased an antivirus, defender will work fine. Just run a full scan or offline scan, they will both take a while but that's normal (especially with 70% of your cpu power already in use). Also, some viruses don't do anything for a while then attack weeks/months after you've downloaded them as a way to keep them from being suspected as the issue. It's possible that it's a heating issue or a hardware issue with the processor itself, though (fixable). Some processes (like crypto mining) can sometimes not be detected by task manager (pretty rare, but possible), so it's still possible that it's just some background process deciding to eat up your performance for no reason. 

ok i think i may have fixed it but i think its still being prioritized when i play games. and i have already tried to fox this in the nvidia control panel 

If it's only happening when you play games then you probably just have a bunch of bloatware set up to run when you're playing. Things like overwolf extensions or clipping softwares can pile up pretty easily. Try setting task manager to show you what's taking up the most cpu power and enabling "always on top" in the options tab (or just put it on another monitor if you have one), then boot up whatever game you're trying to play and see what it is rather than just looking at it while you're at idle. Try ending the tasks that you see start to rise to the top (except the game, obviously) and see if that works